    if noone can see them.
    Just be interersted to see what some peoples views are on some topics that
    come up.

    XPD, Jun 27, 2007

  2. Not sure you really *want* to read them. Man, a platform like that sure brings
    out the maroons. (I went there once by a circuitous route - sidebar on one of
    those stories led to a kind of homepage for the blogs which had a sidebar with
    the different blog topics i.i.r.c.).

    cheers, -Peter

    Peter Huebner, Jun 27, 2007

  3. XPD

    XPD Guest

    True there is some stupid responses, but some are interesting to view :)

    XPD, Jun 27, 2007
  4. XPD

    Allistar Guest

    Does it bring out any other colours as well? :p
    Allistar.

    Allistar, Jun 27, 2007
  5. As Bugs Bunny used to say, "What a maroon!".

    :)

    Lawrence D'Oliveiro, Jun 27, 2007
  6. Yes its another slow torrent thread - haven't seen one for a while so
    I thought I'd start one

    ISP is slingshot

    Running Bitcomet, XP, Nortons Internet 2005, 3com wireless adsl
    router/modem

    Everything has been running fine for the past year+ , download speeds
    weren't stella but acceptable (maybe around 5-20k for a torrent)

    However a couple of weeks ago things started slowing down - speedwise
    I was getting only 2-3k if anything at all. Now I'm getting nothing,
    ndada, zilch, nuddink, 0.00,

    I've installed utorrent instead with no luck.

    So the fault lies either:

    a) My PC - to see if this was the case I installed utorrent on my
    laptop which basically has no firewall, no AV or anything. No change
    in download speed.

    b) my 3com ADSL wireless modem/router. I've disabled the firewall on
    this with no luck. I haven't tried port forwarding yet (not sure if I
    understand it as it says I have to set a static IP address)

    c) Slingshot - perhaps they're traffic shaping but surely not to the
    extent I'm experiencing.

    My normal surfing speed seems ok - not as fast as it has been
    especially over the peak periods but still ok

    Any suggestions?

    Jason Clinton, Jun 29, 2007
  7. XPD

    jack Guest

    Simple P2P links are being blocked and Torrent sites are being shut down and users are now being
    logged.

    Try eMule..

    jack, Jun 29, 2007
  8. XPD

    ~misfit~ Guest

    Get rid of Slingshot and Nortons.

    ~misfit~, Jun 30, 2007
  9. XPD

    Dave Taylor Guest

    Dave Taylor, Jun 30, 2007
  10. XPD

    GJ Guest

    Is telecom shaping traffic again? I am on Xtra and uTorrent has not
    been able to connect for over 1 week now. I have Port Forwarding setup
    and the speed has been good, very good. Now nothing. I have tested by
    using a very active torrent but still nothing.

    GJ, Jul 10, 2007
  11. Telecon/Xtra has not stopped squashing P2P traffic.

    Telecon/Xtra restricts traffic on all ports except possibly http/https.

    This is because Telecom is not interested in providing a good service at a
    fair price - only an adequate service at a high price.

    Jonathan Walker, Jul 10, 2007
  12. Jonathan Walker wrote:

    *snip*
    And this makes them different from other NZ ISPs in which particular way?

    Richard Savage, Jul 10, 2007