nz.comp SETI team....

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by ~misfit~, Feb 25, 2014.

  1. ~misfit~

    ~misfit~ Guest

    I don't know if any current readers here are members? I set the team up
    quite a while ago and had ~50 members at one stage.

    However I haven't been active with SETI for a while due to my financial
    situation and currently using a laptop and not wanting to have the thing
    running hot all the time. This afternoon I got an email saying that a team
    member (I have their name) wants to transfer 'team foundership' into his
    name.

    (How the hell can that even happen? He didn't 'found' the team so it's
    impossible for him to become team founder? ?? )

    [OT follows: I was a member of the NZ Freshwater Fish Study Group back in
    the day. As then vice-president of the Manurewa Aquarium Society I was part
    of the group of people who discussed forming the group. However, I was
    unable to make it to the meeting where the group was established due to a
    scheduling clash. Consequently I wasn't listed as a 'founding member' in
    their charter and wasn't eligible to get one of the sweatshirts etc. I mean,
    surely you are the founder of something or you aren't?)

    Anyway, if I don't reply within x days it happens automatically. What I want
    to know is, is that person a 'member' of this newsgroup? If so then please
    email me (the one in the headers works) or post here and ask...

    Thanks for your time.
    --
    </Shaun>

    cozy little classification in the DSM."
    David Melville (in r.a.s.f1).

    ~misfit~, Feb 25, 2014

  2. ~misfit~

    Your Name Guest

    It might be better to start looking for intelligent life on this planet
    first. ;-)

    Your Name, Feb 25, 2014