nVidia video drivers out, x64 & Vista

Discussion in 'Windows 64bit' started by Larry Hodges, Jun 29, 2006.

  1. Larry Hodges

    Larry Hodges Guest

    Larry Hodges, Jun 29, 2006

  2. Larry Hodges

    DP Guest

    I realize this is a video question, but since I trust the people on this
    group and admire their intelligence, I will ask here first.

    I installed the new drivers last week and now every time a start up, I get a
    balloon near the system tray talking about about SLI and that one of my GPUs
    has been disabled. (sorry I can't give you the specific language. Next time
    I boot up I'll copy it.) I've always had only one GPU.
    Anybody know how to make the box go away permanently. I mucked around a
    little with the nvidia settings to no avail.
    I saw this same problem posted on Planetamd64, so it's not specific to my
    machine. Last time I checked, the advice over there was that I'm just gonna
    have to live with it.

    DP, Jun 30, 2006

  3. Larry Hodges

    Larry Hodges Guest

    I have the same thing. I have no idea, but it started with this release.

    -Larry

    Larry Hodges, Jun 30, 2006
  4. * DP:
    This is only one of the annoying bugs of Nvidias latest driver release.
    The SLI balloon message can be removed by a registry modification only.
    There's a reg file downloadable from Nvidia, or you can do it manually.

    However, since the new drivers cause several really annoying problems
    I'd suggest to stay away from this release.

    Benjamin

    Benjamin Gawert, Jun 30, 2006
  5. Larry Hodges

    John Barnes Guest

    nVidia has released new drivers today. 91.33. Guess the ones released a
    week ago didn't work out.

    John Barnes, Jul 2, 2006
  6. Larry Hodges

    DP Guest

    Is there a link to 91.33? I only see 91.31 on the site

    DP, Jul 2, 2006
  7. Larry Hodges

    John Barnes Guest

    John Barnes, Jul 2, 2006
  8. Larry Hodges

    Larry Hodges Guest

    Why wouldn't nVidia not have their own current beta on their own website,
    but fileform has it?

    Larry Hodges, Jul 2, 2006