    ATi have stated that their solution will support different cards, which delivers an upgrade solution to current ATi card users.
    We find it very likely that NVIDIA will release a new driver soon which will allow the support of 'un-matched' cards, and if what has been whispered to us turns out to be true SLi will deliver an impressive upgrade path.
    Link: http://www.hexus.net/content/reviews/review.php?dXJsX3Jldmlld19JRD0xMzE0

    Silverstrand, Jun 23, 2005

  2. Silverstrand

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Australia
    :D SLi will always be a more expensive and better solution... because u have the award winning nForces. :D
    and the nVidia GeForces! :D

    unholy, Jun 24, 2005

  3. Silverstrand

    zachig

    Joined:
    Jun 26, 2005
    Messages:
    113
    Likes Received:
    0
    I think SLI is great. I'm really satisfied with my current XFX 6600GT AGP, after i switched from an old Radeon 9600Pro.
    I've always been an ATI fan, but i got dissappointed, and now i moved to the other side.

    zachig, Jun 26, 2005
  4. Silverstrand

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Australia
    Same, i think it better to go nVidia, purely because ATi are trying to win... its like the AMD vs Intel... but when u look at it. its Nvidia = AMD vs Intel = ATi
    But the SLi is also on Intel Platforms, some companies are even making there own pat of SLi so u can have Dual Opterons running SLi or even dual p4's :D so in the future i can say "hey look at my cheapo 8 core FX system... i really need to get a few more cores :("

    unholy, Jun 26, 2005
  5. Silverstrand

    werty316

    Joined:
    Jun 26, 2005
    Messages:
    96
    Likes Received:
    0
    Is nVidia scared of ATI's Crossfire solution there nVidia's SLi? I think so

    werty316, Jun 26, 2005
  6. Silverstrand

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Australia
    No SLi was a quick release. Like every game that comes out. it must be done by a deadline or theres alot of trouble. Look at Vavle for instance they moved the deadline for HL2 alot... they ended up in pain. Drivers are what we need Software based enumeration of the Arctectures. so we can change how the system transfers data :D

    unholy, Jun 26, 2005