    This comes as something of a surprise to us as we know that ATI will release an AGP version of R520 once it's ready. Bear in mind that ATI still has to release PCI-E version but once it has R520 PCI-E it won't be rocket science to bridge this chip to AGP with its Rialto bridge to Babylon chip.
    For the majority of you who still have AGP systems and like high end graphics, it transpires that you will have to change the platform from AGP to PCI-E in order to continue buying the latest greatest cards from Nvidia. We still know AGP will stay with us for a long time, especially when it comes to upgrade market as many of the upgrade market chaps still use PCI graphics and haven't gone for AGP, nevermind the latest greatest PCI-E. OEM manufacturers, on the other hand, have almost completely moved to PCI-E as this is your first choice when it comes to getting a new PC.
    Source: The Inquirer

    Silverstrand, Jul 7, 2005

  2. Silverstrand

    PUTALE

    Joined:
    Jun 26, 2005
    Messages:
    220
    Likes Received:
    0
    yeah, although isn't nvidia also kinda seeing how market demand is. if there's a huge demand, it might bring some agp card.

    PUTALE, Jul 8, 2005

  3. Silverstrand

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Australia
    oh u would be suprised with the amount of AGP to PCI-E Change is high!.

    unholy, Jul 8, 2005
  4. Silverstrand

    PUTALE

    Joined:
    Jun 26, 2005
    Messages:
    220
    Likes Received:
    0
    mmh, well, still looking for funds to upgrade to pcie:).

    PUTALE, Jul 8, 2005
  5. Silverstrand

    stlava

    Joined:
    Jun 26, 2005
    Messages:
    126
    Likes Received:
    0
    I bet you anything if ATI will keep agp Nvidia will change their minds so fast. And I hope they do because I'm still running AGP.

    stlava, Jul 8, 2005
  6. Silverstrand

    jonorossi

    Joined:
    Jul 8, 2005
    Messages:
    12
    Likes Received:
    0
    I also still on AGP, I'd love to get SLi and two high end cards but money is always a problem. I am sure Nvidia will bring out some AGP cards because there is still millions of computers running AGP that will want to upgrade.

    jonorossi, Jul 9, 2005
  7. Silverstrand

    werty316

    Joined:
    Jun 26, 2005
    Messages:
    96
    Likes Received:
    0
    Not really surprising here as with whatever teh chipset maker do teh video cards makers must follow.

    werty316, Jul 9, 2005
  8. Silverstrand

    PUTALE

    Joined:
    Jun 26, 2005
    Messages:
    220
    Likes Received:
    0
    ATI has the rumor to come out with 520 agp version. Though I really do think nvidia has made a better view of the market and a better choice from a company's standpoint.

    PUTALE, Jul 9, 2005