Nvidia GeForce 440MX problem

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Mekaz Inoz, Aug 31, 2003.

  1. Mekaz Inoz

    Mekaz Inoz Guest

    Having problems with computer freezing whilst playing game. (The Sims) Has
    always
    worked before but now freezes after about 3 minutes. Have tried reinstalling
    driver for *Nvida
    Gforce 440MX*. Display Properties at one stage displayed the following:
    <This device cannot find enough free resources that it can use (Code12) If
    you want to use
    this device, you will need to disable one of the other devices on this
    system>
    Nothing has been changed or added recently. Can any one advise what I should
    be looking
    for in this case? When this first started a few days ago, the Event
    Properties listed this
    <The driver nv4_disp for the display device \Device\Video0 got stuck in an
    infinite loop. This
    usually indicates a problem with the device itself or with the device driver
    programming the
    hardware incorrectly>
    System Info: P4 - 1.72GHz, 256MB RAM, 80GB HD, Nvida Gforce 440MX, WinXP
    Home.
    The system is still under warranty so I am trying to rule out any actual
    problem with the
    hardware. Have already tried a system Restore. Would the latest DetonatorFX
    driver
    (release date Aug.13,2003) be the compatable driver for this card...and
    should I update to this?
    TIA for any advice.

    Kaz

    Mekaz Inoz, Aug 31, 2003

  2. Mekaz Inoz

    Mekaz Inoz Guest

    Correction....that should read..... NVIDIA GeForce4 MX 440

    Mekaz Inoz, Aug 31, 2003

  3. Mekaz Inoz

    jeroen Guest

    <snip>

    Looks like the first stage of driver rot.

    Start by updating the drivers for the card and direct x.

    jeroen, Aug 31, 2003
  4. Mekaz Inoz

    Bigjon Guest

    Mekaz InozOUCH declared:
    Reinstall the game. There is a corrupt file.

    Bigjon, Aug 31, 2003
  5. Mekaz Inoz

    phillip Guest

    with hardwere thers one thing to do drivers drivers drivers update and see
    what happenes

    phillip, Sep 1, 2003
  6. Mekaz Inoz

    Mekaz Inoz Guest

    Mekaz Inoz, Sep 1, 2003
  7. Mekaz Inoz

    billy_bunter Guest

    Mekaz InozOUCH spluttered almost incoherently...:

    billy_bunter, Sep 2, 2003
  8. Mekaz Inoz

    Mekaz Inoz Guest

    The updated driver seems to have solved the problem. (The new Detonator 40
    from Nvidia) As a matter of interest, I was also advised to make sure the
    fan was working OK as heat related problems can be similar.

    Mekaz Inoz, Sep 2, 2003