    completely the M's potential portability. The DSLR, on the other
    hand, has a new 40mm pancake lens, which would have allowed the M to
    have a 2" thick profile and BE the portable camera it could be.

    RichA, Mar 4, 2013

  2. RichA

    RichA Guest

    Really, the only thing it lack(ed) was an EVF or optical viewfinder.
    People migrating from P&S small-sensor rubbish wouldn't need any
    learning curve to speak of. The main gripes by seasoned shooters was
    lack of an EVF and a registration distance as long as a DSLR.

    RichA, Mar 5, 2013

  3. RichA

    Trevor Guest

    OK I admit to knowing almost nothing about the M, but don't standard EF
    lenses also require an adapter on the M which is about as thick as the 40mm
    pancake anyway?

    Trevor.

    Trevor, Mar 5, 2013
  4. RichA

    RichA Guest

    You are right, that would add another inch which would put the camera
    right on the edge of pocketability Even the 22mm, STM lens really
    isn't a pancake. I guess Canon has to catch up with the others when
    it comes to some tech.

    RichA, Mar 5, 2013
  5. RichA

    Whisky-dave Guest

    Is there an offical size.... as I found out that a Fujifinepix HS10 can fitin my pocket easily, but getting it back out was much harder.
    In fact I almost went for a cesarean on it, before eventually easing it outbit by bit.

    Whisky-dave, Mar 5, 2013
  6. RichA

    RichA Guest

    That would certainly kill it for most things moving.

    RichA, Mar 6, 2013
  7. RichA

    RichA Guest

    Depends on the season and how you dress. If you are some kind of
    dandy, and like wearing tight cloths, like some modern suits, no
    camera may be pocketable. If you wear a big 3/4 winter coat, you
    could probably put a small DSLR into a pocket.

    RichA, Mar 6, 2013
  8. RichA

    Trevor Guest

    Thanks, but I already own a few, and no M :)

    Trevor.

    Trevor, Mar 6, 2013