    If this is not a TB issue and possibly a Tera News issue, I'll check
    with them. But the ability to have 3+ NG subscriptions at one time was
    never an issue prior to upgrading to TB v3.0.

    Herb, Dec 30, 2009

  2. I have 8 NGs. I use Thunderbird 3 and Eternal September.

    Invisible Man, Dec 30, 2009

  3. Herb

    Herb Guest

    Thanx-- am not familiar with Eternal September and can't find the
    website to inquire, maybe join. Any info/link is appreciated.

    Herb, Dec 30, 2009
  4. Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo, Dec 30, 2009
  5. Herb

    Herb Guest

    Another thing I just noticed. The 3rd newsroup, as listed in the ''All
    Folders'' pane (on my screen left side) -- when it has new mail, the All
    Folders'' pane has a font color of light blue, while all other folder
    colors are in black. Never saw that (blue font color) before.

    Herb, Dec 30, 2009
  6. could be theme related, or you have something in your
    userChrome.css file or in the stylish addon.

    help!!!!

    http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm

    Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo, Dec 30, 2009
  7. Herb

    Herb Guest

    this is my chrome.css file -- I don't see anything here identifiable:

    /* Change Browser Fonts */
    * { font-size: 10pt !important;
    font-family: arial !important; }

    /* Folderpane(color/text) & Messagepane(color) */
    treechildren {
    background-color: #FFE6FF !important;
    font-family: arial !important;
    font-size: 9pt !important; }

    Herb, Dec 31, 2009
  8. ==========================

    Yes problem continues. As a matter of fact before I removed
    userChrome.css file, all NGs vanished -- all I saw was the Account
    name in the folder list.

    [userChrome.css file is removed and saved to desktop, but is not in
    Profile folder.]

    Heard back from TeraNews -- no apparent issues at their end and no
    change in number of NGs permitted (unlimited).

    So, removed userChrome.css file from Profile folder and deleted the
    Teranews account -- and re-created Teranews account. Reloaded 2 NGs
    (very slow process, seemed to make TB unstable). Exited out of TB,
    came back in and only 1 of the 2 NGs re-loaded were there.

    Question: Can I do complete uninstall/reinstall of TB ... and upon
    reinstall, TB will populate with all user profiles and settings again?

    [email protected], Dec 31, 2009
  9. [email protected], Dec 31, 2009
  10. One more thing I've noticed: In Task Mgr, thunderbird.exe isn't
    shutting down for a few minutes, even after TB windows close. Entire
    program seems very unstable at moment. Using approx 575,000K memory
    usage -- I don't know if that should be the normal, approximate amount.

    [email protected], Dec 31, 2009
  11. Thanx -- will try that. But what about the fact that TB is not
    shutting down completely in Task Mgr? Maybe related to the [possibly
    funky] profile?

    [email protected], Dec 31, 2009
  12. Herb

    HKL Guest

    OK, a new profile seems to be working. Thanx, Ed.

    I did notice when I originally upgraded to TB 3.0, there were a dozen
    add-ons active, none of which I added -- wonder where they came from or
    how they got added ?

    So now on to copying my old profile folders into thew new profile -- are
    there any I should not copy to the new profile?

    HKL, Dec 31, 2009
  13. if you uninstall, all you're doing is removing the
    program. The profile is NOT touched. The profile is
    where the vast majority of problems are.

    Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo, Dec 31, 2009
  14. Herb

    HKL Guest

    Peter and Ed -- Thanx for your help. Seems to be working fine with new
    profile. Every time I try to use the old profile, it pretty much
    freezes TB. With new profile, TB uses about 51K memory, with the old
    profile, it was using 575,000K.

    Disregard my questions about Eternal September -- I've signed up and
    configured it to ''always authenticate'', which is why I wasn't seeing
    the other groups. If I ever need to use it, I've got it set up &
    ready-to-go.

    I've learned to not always try to figure out the "why" of a problem
    occurring -- just git'er fixed, which the new profile seems to have
    accomplished. I suspect the problem has something to do with the dozen
    or so add-ons I found in TB after upgrading to v3.0 -- altho I did not
    put them there. I'm not an "add-on kinda guy". Strange, at best.

    I'll give the new profile 24 hrs of operating time before I delete the
    old one -- just in case the issue reoccurs with the new profile.

    HKL, Dec 31, 2009
  15. Herb

    HKL Guest

    Yes, son and wife use machine but they don't mess with add-ons -- they
    surf or do school papers -- and that's about it. I checked and no one
    has done anything like that. I disabled all add-ons, but it did not matter.

    HKL, Dec 31, 2009
  16. Herb

    HKL Guest

    We all heave separate profiles for FF and T-Bird, which is why I don't
    think they have anything to do with my profile issues.

    HKL, Jan 1, 2010