    error message.

    Is there a fix for this?

    jamesy.

    jamesy, Jun 17, 2006

  2. jamesy

    SJP Guest

    Tell us which version of Windows ?

    SJP, Jun 17, 2006

  3. jamesy

    Pennywise Guest

    |>My grandaughter is getting a "NTLDR is missing / Press Ctrl+Alt+Del" error
    |>message.
    |>
    |>Every time I press Ctrl+Alt+Del it constantly takes me back to the same
    |>error message.
    |>
    |>Is there a fix for this?

    Insert your CD go to a restore window and type FIXBOOT
    http://www.webtree.ca/windowsxp/repair_xp.htm (for XP but works for
    any NT OS)

    Pennywise, Jun 17, 2006
  4. jamesy

    Toolman Tim Guest

    In jamesy spewed forth:
    Assuming Windows XP or 2000, check this link:

    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/320397/en-us

    Then be sure the latest service packs are installed on the system.

    For what it's worth, I've received this same error on a system at work that
    DID have XP SP2 installed. After the third time the problem returned, we had
    to repace the hard drive. So the MS article may not be the ONLY cause of
    this problem.

    There is also this:
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555304/en-us
    if you still have problems.

    Toolman Tim, Jun 17, 2006
  5. jamesy

    Vanguard Guest

    Remove the non-bootable floppy.

    Vanguard, Jun 17, 2006
  6. jamesy

    Rob K Guest

    Rob K, Jun 18, 2006
  7. jamesy

    Meat Plow Guest

    You'd be surprised (maybe you wouldn't) at how many times I got called out
    for just such stupidity.

    Meat Plow, Jun 18, 2006