    located on the WinXP setup CD. When I log into the console, it ask for an
    Administrative Password. I have no idea what the password is. Any
    suggestions will be a great help.

    Budd O, Sep 25, 2005

  2. Budd O

    old jon Guest

    www.ntfs.com/missing-corrupted-system-files.htm
    Enjoy the read here Budd.
    best wishes..OJ

    old jon, Sep 25, 2005

  3. Budd O

    Ron Martell Guest

    The default adminstrative password is blank - just press the Enter key
    and see what happens.

    Good luck

    Ron Martell Duncan B.C. Canada
    --
    Microsoft MVP
    On-Line Help Computer Service

    http://aumha.org/alex.htm

    Ron Martell, Sep 26, 2005
  4. Budd O

    Unk Guest

    It means the boot block that initiates the Windows OS is damaged.

    A quick, TEMPORY, fix is to format a floppy on a good XP machine, and
    copy "Boot.ini", "Ntdetect.com", "Ntldr" to it. Boot your system with the
    floppy in the drive.. For a permanent fix........

    Repair the Boot Sector using the Recovery console on the CD.
    <http://www.webtree.ca/windowsxp/repair_xp.htm#How to Repair the Boot Sector:>
    (Copy & paste the ENTIRE above line into the url box)

    To repair a damaged Boot Sector, run the Recovery console from the CD. At
    the command prompt type FIXBOOT and press Enter. Then answer "Y"

    http://www.dougknox.com/xp/tips/xp_repair_install.htm

    Microsoft resources:

    HOW TO: Troubleshoot the "NTLDR Is Missing" Error Message in Windows 2000

    You Receive an "NTLDR Is Missing" Error Message When You Start Your Computer

    "NTLDR Is Missing" Error Message When You Upgrade or Install Windows XP
    Over Windows 9x, or Windows ME

    Unk, Sep 26, 2005
  5. Budd O

    dagdabrona Guest