NTL very very slow? me or them?

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Angel thoughts, Feb 26, 2004.

  1. this past week NTL has been very slow with the web. is it me? any ideas on
    how to speed things up a bit or is it a problem with their server?

    Angel thoughts, Feb 26, 2004

  2. Angel thoughts

    Brian H¹© Guest

    Angel thoughts said:
    Yes, no, yes, yes.

    Brian H¹©, Feb 26, 2004

  3. Angel thoughts

    DAN Guest

    Are you using NTL's text server. Its settings has just shifted try using

    Use one of the following IP addresses in place of
    text.news.ntlworld.com in outlook express in
    tools/accounts/news/properties/server/server name
    62.253.162.114
    62.253.162.115
    194.168.222.40
    194.168.222.41

    DAN, Feb 26, 2004
  4. Angel thoughts

    Brian H¹© Guest

    DAN said:
    Using the IP instead of the domainname makes no difference.
    E-mails were sent out to all customers warning of the problems that customers
    could expect.
    1. People *obviously* aren't reading their e-mails.
    2. People *obviously* aren't checking NTL's Server Status Page on their web
    site.
    3. People *obviously* aren't reading previous posts to see if a problem has
    already been discussed.

    4. And this is for you, using the IP address instead of the domain name MAKES NO
    DIFFERENCE AT ALL.

    Brian H¹©, Feb 26, 2004
  5. Angel thoughts

    Declan Swan Guest

    Thats as useful as your previous post on this thread.

    *YAWN*

    Declan Swan, Feb 26, 2004
  6. Angel thoughts

    Declan Swan Guest

    NOTE: This message was sent thru a mail2news gateway.
    No effort was made to verify the identity of the sender.

    Declan Swan, Feb 26, 2004
  9. Angel thoughts

    Brian H¹© Guest

    I didn't see you answer the question.

    Brian H¹©, Feb 26, 2004
  10. Angel thoughts

    Brian H¹© Guest

    Oh look, I've stepped in something and it's following me around.

    Brian H¹©, Feb 26, 2004
  11. Angel thoughts

    hEE Hee Guest

    | Declan Swan said:
    |
    | > Brian H¹© wrote:

    | >> Using the IP instead of the domainname makes no difference.
    | >> E-mails were sent out to all customers warning of the problems that
    | >> customers could expect.
    | >> 1. People *obviously* aren't reading their e-mails.
    | >> 2. People *obviously* aren't checking NTL's Server Status Page on
    | >> their web site.
    | >> 3. People *obviously* aren't reading previous posts to see if a
    | >> problem has already been discussed.
    | >>
    | >> 4. And this is for you, using the IP address instead of the domain
    | >> name MAKES NO DIFFERENCE AT ALL.
    | >>
    | > Thats as useful as your previous post on this thread.
    | >
    | > *YAWN*
    |
    | Oh look, I've stepped in something and it's following me around.

    Thats as useful as your previous post on this thread.

    LOL

    hEE Hee, Feb 26, 2004