    replace them.

    Any ideas??

    Thanks, Frank

    Guest, Sep 21, 2006

  2. Or you can simply run the System File Checker with "sfc /scannow."

    Colin Barnhorst, Sep 22, 2006

  3. Guest

    Guest Guest

    I tried both, it's still bugging out.

    Guest, Sep 22, 2006
  4. Guest

    John Barnes Guest

    Have you looked in your system messages or dumps to see if you can get a
    clue as to the calling program.

    John Barnes, Sep 22, 2006
  5. Guest

    Guest Guest

    I'm in the event viewer and when the program crashes it gives errors to both
    Application & System.

    Application Report:
    Faulting module ntdll.dll, version 5.2.3790.1830, fault address 0x000287f0.

    System Report:
    The machine-default permission settings do not grant Local Activation
    permission for the COM Server application with CLSID
    {BC866CF2-5486-41F7-B46B-9AA49CF3EBB1}
    to the user NT AUTHORITY\NETWORK SERVICE SID (S-1-5-20).

    Guest, Sep 22, 2006
  6. Guest

    John Barnes Guest

    Are you running Vista or x64. Have you searched your registry for the
    {BC866CF2-5486-41F7-B46B-9AA49CF3EBB1} to see what it is associated with

    John Barnes, Sep 23, 2006
  7. Guest

    Guest Guest

    I'm running WinXP Pro x64.

    I had a look for the reg, and it seems to be linked to Nvidia. Since my
    mainboard has an Nvidia chipset I uninstalled all drivers for it, and
    reinstalled them again. It seems to be working (for now, I'll post again if
    it fails).

    Thanks John for pointing me in the right direction.

    Frank.

    Guest, Sep 23, 2006