    http://www.geocities.com/mypublic99/

    Any advice appreciated, before I potententially waste a weekend trying
    to get it to play ball.....

    Zapp Brannigan, Apr 7, 2004

  2. Zapp Brannigan

    philo Guest

    although i have no USB devices on my NT4 machine...
    i did give that free driver a try and it did detect and install the on-board
    USB ports on my machine...so it might be worth trying.

    if it does not work...and upgrade to win2k will prob be cheaper
    than the USB support you have to pay for

    philo

    philo, Apr 8, 2004

  3. NT4SP6 is a nice O/S - it is reasonably reliable, and efficient re RAM/CPU.

    However, you would be wise to consider Win2k - you can pick up an OEM
    copy on Ebay with key for relatively little money, and it's a good stable O/S.

    Note that older versions of Office (97) and Photoshop (4.1) will not do well
    under Win2k - only Photoshop 7 is really stable under Win2k/XP for example.
    So there are secondary considerations in terms of O/S choice re s/w upgrades.

    Dorothy Bradbury, Apr 8, 2004
  4. Unfortunatly, the hardware spec of this guy's PC is too low for Win2k
    (PII 233, 32Mb).

    I'm a sucker for punishment, so will attempt to get this working anyway,
    will post the results to this thread...

    Zapp Brannigan, Apr 8, 2004
  5. Zapp Brannigan

    David Wade Guest

    W2K will run on a 233. Not sure about the RAM though

    David Wade, Apr 9, 2004
  6. Zapp Brannigan

    Rob Morley Guest

    Slap in another 64MB and it will cope a lot better. I've had Windows XP
    running with that sort of spec and it coped, ish.

    Rob Morley, Apr 9, 2004