NT4/Exchange55 Mcse, Now what...

Discussion in 'MCSE' started by Rob, Oct 27, 2003.

  1. Rob

    Rob Guest

    I got myself certified at my own expense in 98/99. MCSE in
    NT 4 w/elective of TCP/IP and Exchange 5.5.

    My employer has provided no training since then, nor do
    they plan on doing any in the future.

    I have been working with Win2k and 2003 as well as
    Exchange 2000 but alas, my certs are fairly worthless to
    go get a job anywhere with my current MCSE.

    I am still working at the original job, but I would like
    to find a place to at least supplement my education and
    give me some advancement opps. I currently run the whole
    show for the company.

    I would like to know what is the best and most cost
    effective way to make myself valuable to another company.
    $13,000 is a bit steep to get to where I was (MCSE) for a
    $60K a year job.
    Any suggestions?

    Thanks,
    Rob

    Rob, Oct 27, 2003

  2. Rob

    Rick Guest

    Hey Rob,
    I sympathize with you. We'er on the same boat.
    I guess we should be updating ourselves on a regular basis
    to be more qualified. If you wanna keep in touch
    email me personally at
    And will network about getting the most out of IT
    Profession.
    Rgds

    Rick

    Rick, Oct 27, 2003

  3. Rob

    Yoshi Guest

    I find myself in very similar circumstances.

    My only tip would be: if you're going to do a course, do it at a
    college - they aren't out to make a profit and therefore charge less.

    Yoshi

    Yoshi, Oct 29, 2003
  4. Rob

    Guest Guest

    Since you already have experience forgo the formal
    training. Buy some books self teach yourself, take the
    exams, and sell yourself.

    If your employer doesn't want to provide any kind of
    training, but still expect you to keep up with technology,
    I'd be thinking of going somewhere else. They clearly
    either don't have a firm grasp of how the IT industry
    works or they're taking advantage of your services.

    Guest, Oct 30, 2003