    or does he now need to start over? I've been looking
    round the site for ages but can't seem to find the answer.

    Thanks

    Guest, Apr 2, 2004

  2. Guest

    Jose Saamuel Guest

    Jose Saamuel, Apr 2, 2004

  3. Guest

    Rowdy Yates Guest

    ==
    http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcp/mcse/requirements.asp

    right at the bottom.

    1 Candidates who passed Windows NT 4.0 Exams 70-067, 70-068, and 70-073 had
    the option to take the comprehensive Exam 70-240, "Microsoft Windows 2000
    Accelerated Exam for MCPs Certified on Microsoft Windows NT 4.0." By
    passing this exam, candidates met the following MCSE exam requirements:
    Exam 70-210, 70-215, 70-216, and 70-217. Exam 70-240 is no longer
    available. See the Discontinuation of Exams notice for more details.
    ==
    also:

    http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcp/mcse/faq.asp

    right in the middle: MCSE on Microsoft Windows 2000 Track

    Q. Why don't the Windows NT 4.0 core exams count as electives in the MCSE
    on Windows 2000 credential?

    A. The purpose of core exams is to test skills required by a candidate who
    designs and implements the infrastructure for business solutions based on
    an operating system or architecturally significant platform. The purpose of
    elective exams is to test skills outside the typical system environment.
    Windows NT 4.0 core exams do not test skills outside the system environment
    ==
    also: and this part might suck.

    part of being a competent MCSE is keeping up to date on the current events,
    being interested in the designation and industry, and basic navigation
    skills with regards on the MS web site including the area where the MCSE
    designation is explained in detail.

    you just might have added a shmo to your payroll. ;-(.

    Rowdy Yates, Apr 2, 2004
  4. There are still a heck of a lot of NT4 servers out there - and they still
    need maintaining before they are upgraded to W2K or W2K3.

    So a person with an NT4 MCSE is hardly a schmo - at the very least they have
    more experience than a w2k mcse bootcamper.

    Brendon Rogers, Apr 2, 2004
  5. Guest

    Rowdy Yates Guest

    i am not accusing him of being a shmo 'cause he is still a MCSE NT.

    i am accusing him of being a shmo 'cause he didn't go to MS learning and
    find out what he has to do to get upgraded to MCSE 2K.

    what i didn't account for was the possibility that the employer is asking
    the question behind the guys back because he doesn't believe the guy that
    he has to take all the exams to upgrade to MCSE 2k. but if that is the
    case, then i retract my "shmo" label from the MCSE NT and assign it to
    the employer becuase he does not trust and have faith in the people
    he/she hires.

    ;-)

    Rowdy Yates, Apr 2, 2004
  6. Guest

    Neil Guest

    <snip>

    many will be forced to switch to the newer stuff or face the problem of
    no support from Microsoft. As they state:

    4. Windows NT Server 4.0 incident and security related hotfix support is
    available through 31-Dec-2004. Non-security related hotfix support is
    available only through a custom support contract after 31-Dec-2003.

    More details at
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?id=fh;[ln];lifeprodw
    or if it wraps
    http://tinyurl.com/yss4b

    Neil, Apr 2, 2004
  7. Guest

    Guest Guest

    Thanks all, he seems to know his stuff on NT and thats
    what his last company were running too, so I guess they
    had no reason to shell out on upgrading him,,,,, I do
    however! Bugger!!!

    That was all taken into account in the salary though ;-)

    Guest, Apr 2, 2004
  8. Guest

    Rowdy Yates Guest

    are you saying you paying him 1 rupee more than minimum wage? he struck GOLD!

    Rowdy Yates

    Rowdy Yates, Apr 2, 2004