    valid. Searching around the microsoft sites seems to imply that the
    qualification still hasn't become invalid, but I can't find any evidence to
    prove that it is still valid. Any clues?

    Guest, Sep 18, 2007

  2. Guest

    Guest Guest

    As per usual, soon after I post the question I think I have found the answer,
    which is yes!. See
    http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcp/mcse/requirements.mspx (last updat 7th
    September 2007) which says in part:

    The elective exams provide a valid and reliable measure of technical
    proficiency and expertise in solution design and implementation. MCSE
    candidates should also have at least one year of experience implementing and
    administering a network operating system, implementing and administering a
    client operating system, and designing a network infrastructure. Individuals
    who earned the MCSE certification on Windows NT 4.0 by February 28, 2001,
    remain certified.

    Guest, Sep 18, 2007

  3. Guest

    Guest Guest

    Not only are you still certified, but the number of you MCSE NT4 increased in
    the last two months from 395,737 to 395,746. Of course, I don't think
    Microsoft tracks whether certified people are dead or not, so the actual
    number is somewhat less.

    Guest, Sep 19, 2007