NT Authority\System

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by alanmews, Oct 9, 2004.

  1. alanmews

    alanmews Guest

    Hi, anyone help with this query please?

    Occasionally after loading a piece of software, or rather, activating and
    registering it, can't be too precise as the following occurs unexpectdly.
    I get a square box/icon slap bang in the middle of the monitor saying: NT
    Authority\System
    LSA Shell (export version) encountered a problem and needs to close.
    ISASS.exe. And there is nothing I can do to stop it.

    Have one 40Gb Hard drive partitioned C: and D: and, if I remember correctly,
    this 'thing' pointed or said something about D: drive, or words to that
    effect. Then a countdown that I can't stop and closes down the Internet.

    Would formatting just the C: drive and installing software create this
    problem?

    All software is legal and I've used it for years. It mainly happens after
    re-installing or upgrading Win 98se to Windows XP onto an oldish machine.

    Many thanks for your help as it can be very frustrating to have this happen
    after reloading everything
    Alan

    alanmews, Oct 9, 2004

  2. alanmews

    DMG Guest

  3. alanmews

    Conor Guest

    Its not Blaster as that does it everytime the computer goes online.

    Conor, Oct 9, 2004
  4. alanmews

    The Tech Guy Guest

    yes its the sasser
    to remove it go here
    for 3 easy steps to fix this
    http://www.supportcave.com/browsers.html

    --
    Jason

    For all your Spyware, Adware, Virus Removal & File Sharing tools
    http://www.supportcave.com/spy-sweeper.html

    The Tech Guy, Oct 9, 2004