    Any solutions/advise would be most welcome!

    Many thanks

    Eamonn, Peterborough, UK.

    Eamonn Coffey, Jan 24, 2004

  2. Eamonn Coffey

    Spider Guest

    Can anyone help me please?
    You have the blaster virus or a variant of it. You will need to get the 039 and 043 security patches applied (I think those or the numbers) If you can not stay connected long enough to download the critical updates from windows update, you will need to find them on CD. Once you get it patched you need to get the virus cleaned off the system. The cleaning is pretty much the same for most of the variants. Here's two of them, you can look up the particular one you have if it is different.
    http://www.trendmicro.com/vinfo/virusencyclo/default5.asp?VName=WORM_NACHI.A
    http://www.trendmicro.com/vinfo/virusencyclo/default5.asp?VName=WORM_MSBLAST.B

    Spider
    http://web.tampabay.rr.com/spider1

    Spider, Jan 25, 2004

  3. Eamonn Coffey

    Jay Guest

    A possible case of WM32 Blaster/Lovsan WORM?
    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...6C-C5B6-44AC-9532-3DE40F69C074&displaylang=en
    But then SP1 may already cover this... I'm not an XP'er

    Jay

    Jay, Jan 25, 2004
  4. You have contracted the Blaster worm

    Prognosticator, Jan 25, 2004
  5. Eamonn Coffey

    Ron Martell Guest

    See my reply to your previous message (13 minutes before this one).

    Ron Martell Duncan B.C. Canada
    --
    Microsoft MVP
    On-Line Help Computer Service

    Ron Martell, Jan 25, 2004
  6. Eamonn Coffey

    only Guest

    only, Feb 2, 2004
  7. Eamonn Coffey

    Harrison Guest

    You are responding to a post from January 24, and it's already been
    answered several times by several people.
    How about coming back next Sunday telling us about Janet Jackson
    showing a boobie at halftime?

    Date: Sat, 24 Jan 2004 23:26:55 -0000"

    Harrison, Feb 2, 2004