  1. relic

    relic Guest

    SymClean -- on the NSW CD, or from www.symantec.com. Don't reinstall NSW!

    relic, Sep 6, 2003

  2. relic

    glenwood Guest

    I have tried to remove everything to do with Norton Utilities 2003 and am
    left with a few partitions that still have NPROTECT files in the RECYCLER
    and they just will not respond to any method that I have tried including of
    course the method outlined on the Symantec website.

    I have changed their properties to read and unhidden but they will not go
    away even using the DOS procedure. I would not bother except that they are
    quite large and together are over 2Gb of HD space.

    Goggle searches have not come up with an answer.

    So does any techno savvy contributor to these NGs know a bomb proof method
    of removing NPROTECT?

    If so please advise, I would be most grateful.

    TIA

    Ray

    glenwood, Sep 6, 2003

  3. relic

    Joan Guest

    Have you tried re-installing Norton. Then go to the recyle bin on your
    desktop, remove the protect and then delete all the protected files in
    the bin. Right click recyle icon, choose properties, then make it
    standard recycle bin and then go up to Protect tab and it should let you
    delete all protected files.

    Try the recycle bin, properties, etc. first. I use Norton and always
    turn off that protection and immediately delete any files is has been
    protecting.

    Joan

    Joan, Sep 7, 2003
  4. relic