Now THIS is what I call a pose...

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Mark², Jun 3, 2007.

  1. Mark²

    Mark² Guest

    Now if Skip Middleton could just get his nudie beauties to strike this
    pose...he'd be in business!

    Here's the same little female--with the most expressive face I've ever seen
    on a wild animal:

    The above shots were both taken at 1000 ISO using the 1D Mark III.

    The following was shot at **2000 ISO**, but you'd NEVER guess that to look
    at the original.

    It was quite dark, as I didn't get to the area until nearly 7:30PM, and also
    very overcast. I used a bit of fill flash from the 580EX II. The 1D3 made
    shooting at high ISO truly worry-free. So far, its high ISO performance has
    been amazing. It is *at least* as good as my 5D, which most would agree has
    the lowest noise at high ISO of any camera yet made...

    I see good things ahead for this new body...

    -Mark²

    Mark², Jun 3, 2007

  2. Mark²

    Savageduck Guest

    I think they were just hypnotized by that massive Cyclopsian eye staring
    at them :)
    The 500mm and the 1D3 are working just fine and should serve you well on
    that African trip.

    'duck

    Savageduck, Jun 3, 2007

  3. Mark²

    Annika1980 Guest

    PW, I don't know if I've mentioned this before, but .... I HATE YOU!

    Annika1980, Jun 3, 2007
  4. Mark, I must say,"good work" with the old Mk III. I'm very proud of you.

    Rita

    =?iso-8859-1?Q?Rita_=C4_Berkowitz?=, Jun 3, 2007
  5. Why? You saved enough pocket change on your copy of CS3 to put a nice down
    payment on a Mk III.

    Rita

    =?iso-8859-1?Q?Rita_=C4_Berkowitz?=, Jun 3, 2007
  6. Mark²

    Jer Guest

    My wife could use a new coat... has anybody seen my biggo baseball bat?

    Jer, Jun 3, 2007
  7. Mark²

    Alan Browne Guest

    The ISO and exposure put you at about 4.5 stops from sunny-16 ... so
    indeed quite nice for the ISO. Can you post a 100% crop of a detail and
    detail-less area?

    Cheers,
    Alan

    Alan Browne, Jun 3, 2007
  8. Mark²

    Allen Guest

    I could tell that the second shot has taken at high ISO, but so what!
    They are both excellent pictures that you can be proud of. I am
    irritated by all the postings in this ng about how horrible "noise" is.
    I remember the good old days when the 4x5 and even 8x10 nuts bitched and
    moaned about the grain in 35mm pictures. It's all about content and
    interest, not about scrutinizing images with magnifying glasses or
    microscopes. And there are even some old biddies who say that Monet,
    Renoir and the other Impressionists couldn't paint because of the lack
    of microscopic detail. Ansel Adams was a great photographer, but so was
    Cartier-Bresson.
    Allen

    Allen, Jun 3, 2007
  9. Mark²

    Annika1980 Guest

    And ironically, PW doesn't even use CS3.
    I guess he's tapped out after spending over $10K on that combo.

    Annika1980, Jun 3, 2007
  10. Awesome shots!
    Truly an amazing camera Mark!
    Congrats and I hope it gives you years and years of pleasure.
    BTW: A friend of mine said "I hate you!" :) LOL.
    Helen

    helensilverburg, Jun 3, 2007
  11. Speaking of which, the one thing that makes me ashamed of being a
    Canadian is the seal hunt that occurs.
    Helen

    helensilverburg, Jun 3, 2007
  12. Mark²

    Savageduck Guest

    All other feuds aside, I think that was a humorous expression of big
    lens jealousy on Brett's part. :) The shots were great.
    'duck

    Savageduck, Jun 3, 2007
  13. Oh, yeah. Nice stuff, Mark. Very nice. Now, if I only had ....

    John McWilliams, Jun 3, 2007
  14. Of course! Camera and lens envy, but it's all said in good fun. And
    this is how I meant it. Mark and Bret are good friends.

    helensilverburg, Jun 3, 2007
  15. Mark²

    ASAAR Guest

    ASAAR, Jun 3, 2007
  16. Mark²

    Alan Browne Guest

    If you say things like the above and otherwise have a single leather
    garment or eat meat, then you're simply a hypocrite.

    Cheers,
    Alan

    Alan Browne, Jun 3, 2007
  17. I was expecting to hear from you. And no, I don't eat meat, and I
    don't wear leather.
    Helen

    helensilverburg, Jun 3, 2007
  18. I joked about wearing a leather skirt in one post ages ago, but no I
    do not own a thing that is leather.
    Helen

    helensilverburg, Jun 3, 2007
  19. Mark²

    Alan Browne Guest

    You're in the vast minority in Canada.

    Alan Browne, Jun 3, 2007
  20. Unfortunately, that is true. I love animals too much.

    helensilverburg, Jun 3, 2007