    it'll reduce crime.

    <http://snipurl.com/hh5sf>

    --

    Aardvark, May 6, 2009

  2. Aardvark

    richard Guest

    While the cops are escorting one person, three more get robbed within
    a mile.

    Watching a show last night that featured lottery winners, one guy
    opened himself to getting robbed.

    He had won a 315 million dollar lottery and began becoming quite
    flamboyant with his money. He had the habit of paying a certain night
    club a visit and obviously mouthed off to much.

    A waitress and a guy were planning on robbing him blind. One night the
    waitress slipped him a mickey. He gets knocked out, the guy goes out,
    and dumbass, breaks the window and takes the briefcase which contained
    around 500k of cold hard cash. Gee. Why didn't the guy take the keys?
    Just get the winning fool drunk enough he can't stand up, slip the
    keys out of his pocket and he doesn't know anything until he sobers up
    later that day.

    Get him stoned out of his mind, offer to drive him home. While your
    accomplice follows in her car. You help the guy into his house and
    slip away quietly with the loot.

    richard, May 6, 2009

  3. Aardvark

    Whiskers Guest

    Bizzarre. So when the cop goes back to the cop shop after walking granny
    home, the thief knows which house to burgle for cash. Or perhaps this is
    a ploy by the Met to get bobbies used to being out alone?

    From what I've seen, the cops turn up by the minibus-load whenever
    anything interesting happens, but are invisible most of the time. I
    haven't seen a lone bobby walking the beat for decades.

    Whiskers, May 6, 2009
  4. Aardvark

    richard Guest

    Maybe in some parts of London they still do.
    Recall the old Roger Miller song, England Swings, England swings like
    a pendulum do Bobbies on bicycles, two by two

    Maybe they're relying to much now on "big brother" video cams.

    richard, May 6, 2009
  5. Aardvark

    Aardvark Guest

    There are more CCTV cameras in the UK than in the rest of Europe put
    together. On average a town or city dweller in the UK while out and about
    in that town or city will be seen by 300 of these cameras.

    Aardvark, May 6, 2009
  6. Aardvark

    Aardvark Guest

    .... per day.