now the ads are vicious....

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by thingy, Nov 15, 2007.

  1. thingy

    thingy Guest

    thingy, Nov 15, 2007

  2. thingy

    none Guest

    Which of course is required to watch the video.

    _b

    none, Nov 15, 2007

  3. No it's not. Just feed that URL to youtube-dl, and play the downloaded .flv
    file in your choice of open-source media player.

    Lawrence D'Oliveiro, Nov 15, 2007
  4. thingy

    Gordon Guest

    You mean *you* have not as you were tempted?

    Tell us why Thingy you do not have flash Block enabled? Works very well.

    And we wonder why phishing works? ;-

    Gordon, Nov 17, 2007
  5. thingy

    Richard Guest

    Dont know if it would save you since the flash files briefly run before
    flashblock kills them off and replaces them.

    Richard, Nov 17, 2007
  6. thingy

    thingy Guest

    I have always though flash as over-rated...it seems to be used more to
    deploy more and more annoying ads than valuable content...so I dont have
    flash at home as it doing so stops most ads, especially the annoying
    ones...

    regards

    Thing

    thingy, Nov 18, 2007