    http://www.chapelhillnoir.com
    home of The Camera-ist's Manifesto
    The Improved Links Pages are at

    Tony, Nov 22, 2004

  2. JunkMonkey

    Mxsmanic Guest

    I've never upgraded from Photoshop 5.x; it does everything I need, and
    it doesn't corrupt my boot sector.

    Mxsmanic, Nov 22, 2004

  3. JunkMonkey

    Paul J Gans Guest

    The best version of Word Perfect ever released was 5.1. It
    has been downhill ever since.

    Just my opinion.

    ----- Paul J. Gans

    Paul J Gans, Nov 23, 2004
  4. JunkMonkey

    Tony Guest

    I've never used wordperfect. I have been using Word because it comes
    with every machine, and I really felt it was time to migrate my WordStar
    files to something modern. Until 18 months ago I was still using WordStar
    Version 4 - which was the first and last upgrade I ever did with that
    program. I can still use it today but I know eventually dos will not run
    well on some machine so I've converted all the files to run in Word -- odd
    things happen though - some of the original WordStar formatting stays with
    it and some does not, and there is no telling what will go wrong - sometimes
    the paragraphing dissapeared, sometimes I'd end up with bizarro margins, and
    sometimes it treated each line as a paragraph. I eventually got a freeware
    Wordstar converter off the internet that did a better job.
    Much as I find Word a PITA I recognize that my wonderful WordStar is not
    going to make a comeback.

    Tony, Nov 23, 2004
  5. JunkMonkey

    Aerticeus Guest

    Hiya tony

    There are lots of niceties out there and guess what?

    Most of them elevate MS Office to the standard.

    Try Easy Office, Star Office (do a Google) Easy Office Word will even read
    your files back to you... (OK it may not be great quality but for free it
    has novelty value for sure)

    By the sound of it you must have lived through the file/format
    incompatibility issue?

    Aerticeus

    Aerticeus, Nov 23, 2004