Now if they'd get the MPs right...

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by George Preddy, Feb 8, 2004.

  1. George Preddy, Feb 8, 2004

  2. Martin Francis, Feb 8, 2004

  3. Bart van der Wolf, Feb 8, 2004
  4. George Preddy

    per Guest

    per, Feb 8, 2004
  5. George Preddy

    AArDvarK Guest

    So George, tell me ... what is the final out put,
    at it's largest, from the SD9 camera?

    Alex

    AArDvarK, Feb 8, 2004
  6. And they are only tested with auto processing, which is silly. But even so,
    I can't imagine anyone seriously thinking the S2 produces images on par with
    a true 10.3 MP camera. It's several notches above the Canons, but the
    artifacts are really bad. To each his own, but hardly artifact-free SD9
    caliber...

    http://www.pbase.com/image/21028089/original
    http://www.pbase.com/image/22609815/original

    ....and with a 1MP-only RAW preview on the LCD, I'm not sure why one wouldn't
    shoot film.

    George Preddy, Feb 9, 2004
  7. George Preddy

    Paolo Pizzi Guest

    Interesting how the Pentax *ist gets a "very good" while
    the D100 only a "good" in image quality. Last I checked
    they sport the very SAME Sony sensor...

    Maybe, just maybe, whoever wrote that is as clueless
    as Preddy?

    Paolo Pizzi, Feb 10, 2004
  8. George Preddy

    Paolo Pizzi Guest

    The mother of all oxymorons...

    Paolo Pizzi, Feb 10, 2004
  9. George Preddy

    Ray Fischer Guest

    I agree the SD9 is a 3.43MP camera,
    "George Preddy" in <bq6bp8$rep$>

    Ray Fischer, Feb 10, 2004
  10. Or maybe the entire world is right and you are wrong.

    George Preddy, Feb 10, 2004
  11. George Preddy

    John Navas Guest

    In <c0an0u$n5s$> on Tue, 10 Feb 2004 23:26:57 +0900, "George
    Or maybe the entire world is right and you are wrong.

    John Navas, Feb 11, 2004
  12. You point quoted above was that no one agrees with you.

    George Preddy, Feb 11, 2004
  13. George Preddy

    Paolo Pizzi Guest

    ??? Whatever it means, it's pretty much a FACT that on this
    NG nobody agrees with you (except for your aliases, of
    course... :) )

    Paolo Pizzi, Feb 11, 2004
  14. Because the sensor is only part of the camera.

    Steven M. Scharf, Feb 11, 2004
  15. George Preddy

    Paolo Pizzi Guest

    Yeah, but that's the part that makes or breaks the image
    quality... :)

    (The *ist sensor is IDENTICAL to that of the D100, unlike
    that of the D70, which is an IMPROVED version.)

    Paolo Pizzi, Feb 12, 2004
  16. George Preddy

    John Navas Guest

    In <c0d3ue$fhj$> on Wed, 11 Feb 2004 21:19:46 +0900, "George
    Other way around, George.

    John Navas, Feb 12, 2004