Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Yogi, Jul 21, 2005.

  1. Yogi

    Yogi Guest

    I have recently upgraded from windows 2000 to xp sp2.

    Before the upgrade I uninstalled the client.

    Now after I install the client, the keyboard and mouse freeze when I
    hit anything on the keyboard, but the mouse works if I don't hit
    anything on the keyboard.

    The system was working fine under 2000.

    Its a duron 900, 128mb ram and 20gb hdd.

    Help

    Yogi

    Yogi, Jul 21, 2005

  2. Yogi

    Toolman Tim Guest

    To start with, you don't have near enough memory to run XP with a Novell
    client installed, and barely enough processor speed. I won't run anything
    less than 1400MHz and 256mb RAM on my workstations at the office. As for
    unistalling the client before upgrading, why? And finally, there *IS* no
    Novell Client 4.92. The current version is 4.91. I believe you are talking
    about 4.90 with SP2. If so, download the latest client from
    http://download.novell.com and try that.

    FWIW, I never do upgrades. I'd rather backup my data (network has tape, or
    network home folder, or PC has CD writer, etc.), erase the hard drive, and
    do a clean install. That way there are no conflicts caused by 1) problems
    with the original OS, 2) incompatibilities with the existing software.

    Toolman Tim, Jul 22, 2005