    richard Guest

    Apollo 11 landed on the moon and Neil Armstrong became the first human
    to set foot on it.

    richard, Jul 20, 2009

  2. richard

    Evan Platt Guest

    On Mon, 20 Jul 2009 11:58:07 -0700, richard <>
    wrote:

    >Apollo 11 landed on the moon and Neil Armstrong became the first human
    >to set foot on it.

    I figured you'd be more proud of the anniversary of the launch of
    monkeys into space...

    Evan Platt, Jul 20, 2009

  3. R. Giskard Reventlov, Jul 20, 2009
  4. richard

    Evan Platt Guest

    On Mon, 20 Jul 2009 12:25:08 -0700, richard <>
    wrote:

    >Jealous because the monkeys got the nod and you didn't?

    Yes. I'm jealous that I wasn't picked for a program that occurred
    before I was born.

    What's your excuse? They take one look at you and realize they'd have
    better luck with monkeys?

    Evan Platt, Jul 20, 2009
  5. richard

    Justin Guest

    richard wrote:
    > Apollo 11 landed on the moon and Neil Armstrong became the first human
    > to set foot on it.

    Sometimes I wish I were around during that time.
    But if I were my age now, back in 1969 I would have been drafted into
    Vietnam.
    However I would have evaded said draft so maybe it wouldn't have been so
    bad.

    Justin, Jul 20, 2009
  6. richard

    NotMe Guest

    "Justin" <> wrote in message
    : richard wrote:
    : > Apollo 11 landed on the moon and Neil Armstrong became the first human
    : > to set foot on it.
    : >
    :
    : Sometimes I wish I were around during that time.
    : But if I were my age now, back in 1969 I would have been drafted into
    : Vietnam.
    : However I would have evaded said draft so maybe it wouldn't have been so
    : bad.

    True and you might have been POTUS

    NotMe, Jul 20, 2009
  7. richard

    Guest

    "R. Giskard Reventlov" <no.spam@me> wrote:

    >"richard" <> wrote in message
    >> Apollo 11 landed on the moon and Neil Armstrong became the first human
    >> to set foot on it.
    >>

    >And here is Apollo 11 40 years on!
    >
    >http://www.nasa.gov/mission_pages/LRO/multimedia/lroimages/apollosites.html
    >
    >http://tinyurl.com/ll294g
    >
    >Well the descent stage at least!

    Gotta wonder how the "Moon landings were faked" people are taking
    this. Then it hit me, those were Photochopped :)

    Thanks for the photos, I did look a the larger versions and god they
    are hard to spot the descent stage; and the foot prints, I'll take
    their word for those.

    Heck I was looking for a moon rover (one each for Apollo missions 15,
    16, and 17) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lunar_rover - large monitor
    and me with a magnifying glass. :) knowing that they had to be close
    to the lander but nada.
    --

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:RodneyDangerfieldGravestoneJuly2007.jpg

    , Jul 21, 2009
  8. richard, ye lice-infested dull earth, thou Banbury cheese, ye bickered:

    > On Mon, 20 Jul 2009 16:52:38 -0700, wrote:
    >
    >> "R. Giskard Reventlov" <no.spam@me> wrote:
    >>
    >>> "richard" <> wrote in message
    >>>>

    >>> And here is Apollo 11 40 years on!
    >>>
    >>> http://www.nasa.gov/mission_pages/LRO/multimedia/lroimages/apollosites.html
    >>>
    >>> http://tinyurl.com/ll294g
    >>>
    >>> Well the descent stage at least!

    >> Gotta wonder how the "Moon landings were faked" people are taking
    >> this. Then it hit me, those were Photochopped :)
    >>
    >> Thanks for the photos, I did look a the larger versions and god they
    >> are hard to spot the descent stage; and the foot prints, I'll take
    >> their word for those.
    >>
    >> Heck I was looking for a moon rover (one each for Apollo missions 15,
    >> 16, and 17) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lunar_rover - large monitor
    >> and me with a magnifying glass. :) knowing that they had to be close
    >> to the lander but nada.

    > Know the tv show "myhtbusters"? They got the same results on a mock up
    > scale model in their shop as the original moon landing and proved foot
    > prints could be left in a vacuum.

    BWAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHA!

    They used a man-made facsimile of moonrock, called regolith, in a NASA
    vacuum chamber, Bullistard. Mythbuster's definitive proof was firing a laser
    at the Apollo 15 landing site and getting a reply.

    Hu Flung Dung, Jul 22, 2009