    richard Guest

    Apollo 11 landed on the moon and Neil Armstrong became the first human
    to set foot on it.

    richard, Jul 20, 2009

  2. richard

    Evan Platt Guest

    I figured you'd be more proud of the anniversary of the launch of
    monkeys into space...

    Evan Platt, Jul 20, 2009

  3. And here is Apollo 11 40 years on!

    http://www.nasa.gov/mission_pages/LRO/multimedia/lroimages/apollosites.html

    http://tinyurl.com/ll294g

    Well the descent stage at least!

    R. Giskard Reventlov, Jul 20, 2009
  4. richard

    Evan Platt Guest

    Yes. I'm jealous that I wasn't picked for a program that occurred
    before I was born.

    What's your excuse? They take one look at you and realize they'd have
    better luck with monkeys?

    Evan Platt, Jul 20, 2009
  5. richard

    Justin Guest

    Sometimes I wish I were around during that time.
    But if I were my age now, back in 1969 I would have been drafted into
    Vietnam.
    However I would have evaded said draft so maybe it wouldn't have been so
    bad.

    Justin, Jul 20, 2009
  6. richard

    NotMe Guest

    : richard wrote:
    : > Apollo 11 landed on the moon and Neil Armstrong became the first human
    : > to set foot on it.
    : >
    :
    : Sometimes I wish I were around during that time.
    : But if I were my age now, back in 1969 I would have been drafted into
    : Vietnam.
    : However I would have evaded said draft so maybe it wouldn't have been so
    : bad.

    True and you might have been POTUS

    NotMe, Jul 20, 2009
  7. richard

    Guest

    Gotta wonder how the "Moon landings were faked" people are taking
    this. Then it hit me, those were Photochopped :)

    Thanks for the photos, I did look a the larger versions and god they
    are hard to spot the descent stage; and the foot prints, I'll take
    their word for those.

    Heck I was looking for a moon rover (one each for Apollo missions 15,
    16, and 17) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lunar_rover - large monitor
    and me with a magnifying glass. :) knowing that they had to be close
    to the lander but nada.

    , Jul 21, 2009
  8. richard, ye lice-infested dull earth, thou Banbury cheese, ye bickered:
    BWAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHA!

    They used a man-made facsimile of moonrock, called regolith, in a NASA
    vacuum chamber, Bullistard. Mythbuster's definitive proof was firing a laser
    at the Apollo 15 landing site and getting a reply.

    Hu Flung Dung, Jul 22, 2009