  1. slumpy

    slumpy Guest

    Sorry bout the formatting, but it's good either way :-D

    slumpy, Aug 3, 2003

  2. slumpy

    Mara Guest

    Wherever you got this, it's been stolen from

    http://www.contrib.andrew.cmu.edu/~moose/sysadmin/pricelist.html

    which has been around since 1997, and changed a bit to try to hide the fact.
    Note the line at the bottom of the page.

    "Sorry about that, but it's true. Plagiarism sucks."

    <snip>

    Mara, Aug 3, 2003

  3. ROTFLM*O! Good one, Slumpy!

    Experienced but Undocumented, Aug 3, 2003
  4. slumpy

    slumpy Guest

    threw back my head and roared with laughter as Mara continued:
    Maybe, but when it arrived by email with no accreditation I could either
    keep it /just in case/ or share it with those not as old as some of us ;-)

    And I'm not that nasty :p

    slumpy, Aug 3, 2003
  5. slumpy

    ilmc Guest

    Mara typed:
    Whoa! Slumpy never passed it of as his original work. Therefore !=
    plagiarism.
    I've seen a few like this. Thankfully, most were a lot shorter :)

    ilmc, Aug 3, 2003
  6. slumpy

    Mara Guest

    The sender would be getting a swift kick right in the ass, from me.

    "I guess it's not just some usenet posters who can't read for comprehension.
    After all, the original nitwit who stole it had to have seen that line."

    Mara, Aug 3, 2003
  7. slumpy

    Mara Guest

    "Wherever you got this...."

    Mara, Aug 3, 2003

  8. Mara just loves to rain on someone's parade, don't you know yet? But
    dykes-or folks with no life --are like that.

    --
    longshotjohn 7

    http://www.smartgroups.com/groups/hot2trot

    because of those who look on and do nothing. --Albert Einstein

    longshotjohn7, Aug 5, 2003
  9. slumpy

    trout Guest

    So, someone that dislikes theft must be a "dyke"? Right. Just like
    all those girls that won't date you. Damn dykes all.
    Now, go ahead and have a good long argument with Kaditchy-Boy, who's
    now posting as "ilmc" to troll you.

    trout, Aug 6, 2003
  10. slumpy

    ilmc Guest

    In
    Oh, come on! Would the k-man stoop to "bloody"?
    :)

    ilmc, Aug 6, 2003
  11. We don't say "bloody" herein the states. What is a Goodwin? Are you
    talking about my 10 g hit on the Belmont, or the 60-1 I hit last month or my
    NTRA pik3 for 2 g's last month? Or........nevermind.
    And the answer to your question is "Nothing". And to soothe your anger...

    "Scratch ourself and get glad."

    longshotjohn7, Aug 6, 2003
  12. slumpy

    Brian H¹© Guest

    And we don't say herein, here in GB ;-)

    Brian H¹©, Aug 6, 2003
  13. Theft? A mysterious note is tacked to your door and you re-tack it on
    another door does not constitute theft, bucko and bucko-ettes. The
    diatribe about plagiarism was unjustified in my HO and constituted "raining
    on someone's parade" in my book. and made ME angry. So, how do ya like me
    now? But mayhaps you prefer Mara calling some one a thief who is no thief?
    Yes, I reckon you do.

    And I have a beautiful wife and 4 kids. My two girls will be getting
    scholarships and my oldest son is in the Navy just back from the shores of
    God-knows where in the Iraq Imperial War. My other son is confined to a
    wheelchair. I don't need to-or have the time -or inclination to date. I
    don't steal and I don't falsely accuse my neighbors of stealing. I have
    other vices and bearing false witness is not one of them.

    "He has all the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire."- Winston
    Churchill

    longshotjohn7, Aug 6, 2003
  14. slumpy

    slumpy Guest

    threw back my head and roared with laughter as longshotjohn7 continued:
    You are just so full of shit.

    slumpy, Aug 6, 2003

  15. Whatever you say, slumpy

    longshotjohn7, Aug 6, 2003
  16. slumpy

    Mara Guest

    First of all, I never said slumpy stole it himself; thus, the "Wherever you got
    this" preface.

    Secondly, longshotjohn7 has long been in my bin, and is well aware of the fact.

    "And this is the reason why."

    (P.S. - it's Godwin, not Goodwin. ;) )

    Mara, Aug 6, 2003
  17. slumpy

    ilmc Guest

    Mara typed:
    Glad to say that its is the first time I've even thought to invoke him.
    I'm bigoted about bigots.
    :)

    ilmc, Aug 6, 2003
  18. slumpy

    Mara Guest

    ;)

    Did the mar00n reference Hitler or the Nazi party?

    http://info.astrian.net/jargon/terms/g/Godwin_s_Law.html

    "I don't see his crap except when someone forgets to snip it, so I have no
    idea."

    Mara, Aug 6, 2003
  19. slumpy

    trout Guest

    He wasn't.

    trout, Aug 6, 2003
  20. slumpy

    ilmc Guest

    Mara typed:
    Neither, which why "If this isn't a Goodwin, it bloody should be." (sic)
    Couldn't remember (alcohol abuse probably, or dyslexia) Good- or God-, and
    plucked wrongly.
    Good God! Roses smell the same. :)

    ilmc, Aug 6, 2003