    Intel p3 800mhz
    768mb memory
    winXP pro

    -=zZz=-, Feb 27, 2004

  2. -=zZz=-

    Brian H¹© Guest

    -=zZz=- said:
    Check the properties of a shortcut to see where the blahblahblah is located,
    then see if the program is in that folder.
    Whilst you are at it, check to see if you have not deleted the folder Program
    Files and all it's contents.

    Brian H¹©, Feb 27, 2004

  3. -=zZz=-

    -=zZz=- Guest

    Brian, I did check what you said to check and yes the programs are
    there and the folders.
    this is happening with all programs, even system restore, even
    regedit.
    I did recently convert this pc from fAT32 to NTFS.
    I did this with both of my machines including this one I'm on now
    and I had no problems with either of them.

    -=zZz=-, Feb 27, 2004
  4. -=zZz=-

    Brian H¹© Guest

    -=zZz=- said:
    Do you know anyone that knows what they are doing on a pc and can take a look at
    it for you?
    This sounds like a job for Superman ;-)
    (What time would be convenient?)

    Brian H¹©, Feb 28, 2004
  5. -=zZz=-

    -=zZz=- Guest

    i guess I'm going to end re-installing WINXP huh?

    -=zZz=-, Feb 28, 2004
  6. -=zZz=-

    Dan Shea Guest

    What's the "blah blah blah"? What happens if you try to locate that
    file through Windows Explorer and double-click it to run?

    Cheers,
    dan

    Dan Shea, Feb 28, 2004
  7. -=zZz=-

    Brian H¹© Guest

    -=zZz=- said:
    You can't rule it out, but it is *never* my first suggestion.
    Hang in there and see if anyone else can think of something.

    Brian H¹©, Feb 28, 2004
  8. -=zZz=-

    SaltPeter Guest

    Open a prompt, type "set" and read the environment variable thats suppose to
    be your path. Whats your path?

    SaltPeter, Feb 28, 2004
  9. -=zZz=-

    Paul - xxx Guest

    -=zZz=- posted ...
    Right click a shortcut that isn't working, into properties, and check what
    the path to the app is, then follow the path _exactly_ as it's written in
    the shortcut then try and open the program manually. Does the program work
    now ?

    Have you tried a simple re-boot ?

    Paul - xxx, Feb 28, 2004
  10. Try this fix from Kelly's Korner

    http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_tweaks.htm Line 12 EXE fix

    --
    Paul Woodsford
    Remove ****NOSPAMPLEASE**** to Reply
    : I have a second computer that is having a problem that I can't find a
    : solution to.
    : All of a sudden it can't seem to find any program that I attempt to
    : run. Every program says the same thing when double clicked...
    : "Windows cannot find "blah blah blah" Make sure you typed the name
    : correctly"
    : I don't know what this issue is or have any clue about how to fix
    : this.
    : I get no errors or anything during boot.
    :
    : machine is:
    : Intel p3 800mhz
    : 768mb memory
    : winXP pro

    Paul Woodsford, Feb 28, 2004
  11. -=zZz=-

    Barry OGrady Guest

    You have a virus that has made a change to the registry.

    -Barry
    ========

    Barry OGrady, Feb 29, 2004
  12. -=zZz=-

    Brian H¹© Guest

    Barry OGrady said:
    You need to learn how to correctly edit attributes, as I never posted this
    problem, I answered it.

    Brian H¹©, Feb 29, 2004
  13. -=zZz=-

    TehGhodTrole Guest

    .... wrote the atheist nitwit who can't solve even his own problems.

    What if he's just got a corrupt registry, bozo de clone? What evidence
    do you have before you, other than what you imagine, to support such a
    conclusion?

    And you atheist nitwits accuse Christians of imagining things?

    BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

    --
    TehGhodTrole: Trolling, for God's sake.
    Your Free Insult: Jesus loves you.

    _²a¨DÔw„9?ó
    _²a¨DÔw

    TehGhodTrole, Feb 29, 2004
  14. -=zZz=-

    Brian H¹© Guest

    TehGhodTrole

    Took you long enough ;-)

    Brian H¹©, Feb 29, 2004
  15. -=zZz=-

    TehGhodTrole Guest

    What? 24 minutes?

    TehGhodTrole, Feb 29, 2004
  16. -=zZz=-

    Barry OGrady Guest

    Maybe God is playing games with you.
    Christianity is a mental disease which tries to spread to where it is not wanted.
    Hint hint.
    The laughter of the damned.

    You must have a very boring life.
    Please confine yourself to the mythology newsgroups.

    -Barry
    ========

    Barry OGrady, Feb 29, 2004