    can get the screen lit up for about 2 secs each time I depress the button
    that is depressed when the cover is closed but it will not stay up. Any
    hints, clues, or ideas about what to check and or how to fix this?

    Ruada, Jun 25, 2003

  2. Power management settings for the screen, perhaps? Check in Display Properties
    (right click desktop, properties, screen saver tab (yes, screen saver tab),
    button on the bottom.

    HTH.

    Robert Schumacher, Jun 25, 2003

  3.
    news.verizon.net, Jun 25, 2003
  4. Spammer who's too damn stupid to even spam correctly.

    Robert Schumacher, Jun 25, 2003
  5. Ruada

    Pete M Guest

    This looks like a hardware fault in the power supply for the LCD backlight.
    Don't see an easy fix.

    Pete M

    Pete M, Jun 25, 2003