    one to my desktop?

    It would really be helpful in trying to recover or transfer data.

    Thanks

    Micah Torrance, Aug 26, 2004

  2. Micah Torrance

    chris Guest

    chris, Aug 26, 2004

  3. Just be careful to either get one that is keyed, or that is easily marked as
    to what is pin 1. Since the ribbon cable for laptop hard drive transfers
    both data *and* power, the drive will be fried if you reverse it!

    Patrick Michael, Aug 27, 2004
  4. Thanks, Barry. It was $3.95 from compgeeks.

    Micah Torrance, Aug 27, 2004
  5. It does on some drives, at least..My friend fried an accountant's hard drive
    doing just that! I guess it's possible that I simply misunderstood him
    though.

    Patrick Michael, Aug 27, 2004
  6. That was my guess also. I'm surprised that someone hasn't verified it.

    Tom

    Tom MacIntyre, Aug 29, 2004