    I put in a line of dots............ to show where my reply starts.

    Is there any way to get > >> working properly again please?

    Geopelia

    geopelia, Jun 3, 2014

  2. geopelia

    Titus G Guest

    If you are using Outlook Express, then from the top line click on

    Tools
    then click on

    then click on

    Send
    then click on

    News Sending Format - Plain text options

    and there you are.

    Titus G, Jun 3, 2014

  3. geopelia

    geopelia Guest

    "Titus G" wrote in message

    If you are using Outlook Express, then from the top line click on

    Tools
    then click on

    then click on

    Send
    then click on

    News Sending Format - Plain text options

    and there you are.

    Tools doesn't show Options. I've got Windows 7. There is an options, but
    only about minimising the ribbon.
    I found some options for the internet but nothing about mail or newsgroups.

    The email seems to be Windows Live. Would that make a difference? Is it
    still Outlook Express?

    Geopelia

    geopelia, Jun 3, 2014
  4. geopelia

    Ralph Fox Guest

    Hi Geo,

    You are using Windows Live Mail to read and post.
    You can not get > >> working properly in Windows Live Mail.

    You would really need to install and use a better program than Windows Live Mail.

    For completeness...

    "WLM QuoteFix" will fix the > >> in Windows Live Mail. But "WLM
    QuoteFix" is not automatic, and not simple to install for most users.
    You would most likely find it easier to use a better program than
    Windows Live Mail, than you would to use "WLM QuoteFix" with
    Windows Live Mail.
    "WLM QuoteFix" -- http://www.dusko-lolic.from.hr/wlmquote/

    Ralph Fox, Jun 3, 2014
  5. geopelia

    geopelia Guest

    --
    Kind regards
    Ralph

    <Thank you. I'll ask the computer man. I'll stick < in front of my posts to
    please the person who grumbled.
    Geopelia

    geopelia, Jun 4, 2014
  6. geopelia

    ~misfit~ Guest

    Somewhere on teh intarwebs Ralph Fox wrote:
    [snip]
    Well bloody hell! I'm still using XP (for now) on this brilliant T60
    ThinkPad of mine and have been using OEQuotefix since the days of W98SE
    (IIRC).

    Great to see they're still modding MS' crappy software to make it more
    usable and standards-compliant.
    --
    </Shaun>

    cozy little classification in the DSM."
    David Melville (in r.a.s.f1).

    ~misfit~, Jun 4, 2014
  7. geopelia

    geopelia Guest

    "~misfit~" wrote in message
    Somewhere on teh intarwebs Ralph Fox wrote:
    [snip]
    Well bloody hell! I'm still using XP (for now) on this brilliant T60
    ThinkPad of mine and have been using OEQuotefix since the days of W98SE
    (IIRC).

    Great to see they're still modding MS' crappy software to make it more
    usable and standards-compliant.
    --
    </Shaun>

    < I had no problems when I was using XP.
    I think I had Outlook Express then. The computer man put in Windows Live
    when he installed Windows 7.

    Geopelia

    geopelia, Jun 4, 2014
  8. geopelia

    Ralph Fox Guest

    Unfortunately, "WLM QuoteFix" is not something like OEQuotefix which
    you can install into OE and forget, and it keeps doing the job.

    Installing "WLM QuoteFix" does not modify Windows Live Mail. You
    have to manually run "WLM QuoteFix" for each reply post, between
    clicking "Reply" and writing your own text.

    But yes, there is a clear demand for fixes to MS software to make
    it more usable and standards-compliant.

    Ralph Fox, Jun 5, 2014
  9. geopelia

    ~misfit~ Guest

    Indeed. Once OEQuotefix is installed and 30 seconds spent configuring it I
    never touch it again.
    That is a shame. It sounds much less useful than OEQ was / is.
    Partly because of MS arogance in thinking *they* set the standards. (<sigh>
    Yet I still keep using their OSes...)

    ~misfit~, Jun 5, 2014
  10. geopelia

    geopelia Guest

    "EMB" wrote in message
    I'm sure we've been here before Geo. Get rid of Windows Live Mail - get
    your computer man to install Mozilla Thunderbird for your mail and news.
    It's not too different to what you have (so you'll learn to use it
    easily) but it works properly.

    < Thank you. I'll see if the computer man can do it.

    geopelia, Jun 6, 2014
  11. geopelia

    Gordon Guest

    quoting someone else
    Shit is this still going on?
    Sigh

    Gordon, Jun 6, 2014
  12. geopelia

    Gordon Guest

    Good on you Geo, that is the spirit.

    Gordon, Jun 6, 2014
  13. geopelia

    Gordon Guest

    Gordon, Jun 6, 2014
  14. geopelia

    geopelia Guest

    "EMB" wrote in message
    Don't "see if he can do it". You pay him so he bloody well will do it -
    that's what you pay him for. Otherwise, find a new computer man.

    It depends how you install it. If it involves buying a box of something he
    will have to see if there is one in the shop, or get one in.
    He's very good.

    geopelia, Jun 7, 2014
  15. Partly because of MS arogance in thinking *they* set the standards. (<sigh>
    Yet I still keep using their OSes...)[/QUOTE]

    Seriously ? Save yourself a heap of aggravation and change ... or at least,
    try something else. :)

    I suggest a long term support version of Mint ... but others will have
    alternative views. :) :)

    Bruce Sinclair, Jun 9, 2014
  16. geopelia

    geopelia Guest

    "EMB" wrote in message
    There is nothing to buy. It's a free download and 30 second install.
    He should be able to do it remotely.

    Thank you. He can get into this computer remotely. I'll ask him.

    geopelia, Jun 9, 2014
  17. geopelia

    ~misfit~ Guest

    Heh! I have, several times. However each time I seem to spend more time
    fusking around with trying to get 3rd party stuff that I use to run that I
    Yeah, a few folks I know have said that Mint is good.

    Cheers,

    ~misfit~, Jun 12, 2014