Not only is Microsoft Incompetent, It is Evil

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Au79, Feb 22, 2007.

  1. Au79

    Au79 Guest

    From:       Bill Gates
    Sent:       Saturday, December 05, 1989 9:44 AM
    To:         Bob Muglia (Exchange); Jon DeVaan; Steven Sinofsky
    Cc:         Paul Mariz
    Subject:    Office rendering

    One thing we have got to change is our strategy -- allowing Office
    documents to be rendered very well by OTHER PEOPLES BROWSERS is one of the
    most destructive things we could do to the company.

    We have to stop putting any effort into this and make sure that Office
    documents very well depends on PROPRIETARY IE capabilities.

    Anything else is suicide for our platform. This is a case where Office has
    to  to destroy Windows.

    http://www.iowaconsumercase.org/011607/2000/PX02991.pdf

    Au79, Feb 22, 2007

  2. Au79

    elaich Guest

    You know, I agree and wholeheartedly sympathize with your beliefs. However,
    I would say, based on what I have seen from you, that you are a kook. You
    don't have to lionize Linux and demonize Windows at every turn to get your
    point across. Has it ever occured to you that you may be doing Linux a dis-
    service based on your fanaticism?

    elaich, Feb 22, 2007

  3. Au79

    Maximum Dog Guest