    ONCE seen a Sigma in use by a pro in any arena whatsoever, whether sports,
    other major events, the studio, or in the heat of the melee outside the
    court, for example?

    Alan D-W, Jun 16, 2004

  2. It's not an analogy, it is precisely same thing. Rolls doesn't go
    after nor do they want to be associated with the low end of the
    market. Same thing for Sigma/Foveon. The first thing 99.99% of
    people think of when they hear about "Canon" is a copy machine, then a
    P&S snapshot camera.

    Georgette Preddy, Jun 17, 2004

  3. Gene Palmiter

    Crownfield Guest

    canon:
    pro cameras, pro lenses.

    sigma: cheap lenses, of amazingly low quality.

    Crownfield, Jun 17, 2004
  4. Gene Palmiter

    tekfull Guest

    Lets see some pics gp

    tekfull, Jun 17, 2004
  5. Gene Palmiter

    Big Bill Guest

    WOW! Talk about missing your target!
    So now you pretend to speak for 99.99% of people??!! That's ahoot! You
    can't even speak for yourself!
    Sigma interpolates; you said so.
    Pros can't use cameras that interpolate; you said so.
    You're a pro(!); you said so.
    Therefore, you can't use a Sigma SDx camera. You said so.

    Bill Funk
    Change "g" to "a"

    Big Bill, Jun 17, 2004
  6. Talk about babbling.
    I own or have owned more Bayers than you ever will. I know how bad
    they are. None were good or even ok, most cost more than my SD9.

    Georgette Preddy, Jun 18, 2004
  7. Georgette Preddy wrote:

    so post a pic from your SD9!

    dave

    Bay Area Dave, Jun 18, 2004
  8. Gene Palmiter

    tekfull Guest

    Show us the pic gp

    tekfull, Jun 18, 2004
  9. Gene Palmiter

    JPS Guest

    In message <>,
    And every one of your Bayers was a tiny-sensor P&S, vs a Foveon-based
    DSLR with a much larger sensor. Not a Bayer-vs-Foveon personal
    experience, at all. Let's see how much you rave about the tiny-sensor
    1.5MP Foveon/Polaroid when it comes out, and pixilated at 5x7.

    JPS, Jun 18, 2004
  10. Aspirin doesn't count ;)

    Darrell Larose, Jun 18, 2004
  11. Gene Palmiter

    Big Bill Guest

    Right.
    Now you now me personally.

    For a while, I was actuall considering that you were doing this as a
    lark, simply getting a laugh out of the rather spirited responses you
    get. I was thinking that some of yuor more egregious gaffes were a
    hint to this.
    Now, I see that you're just stupidly arrogant, and you really are as
    ignorant as you seem on the surface.

    Bill Funk
    Change "g" to "a"

    Big Bill, Jun 18, 2004
  12. Gene Palmiter

    Alan D-W Guest

    Which inevitably begs a very obvious question Preddy - if they were no good
    how come you continued to buy them, to the point where you owned more than
    he ever will? Is it because you're a bloody slack-jawed moron, or whatever
    it was that someone else in the NG so aptly called you today?

    Alan D-W, Jun 18, 2004
  13. I once thought the "pro" review sites were about information and not
    all about selling hardest for the biggest sponsors. It was a huge
    series of mistakes, none were any good.
    Well, you still haven't figured it out.

    Georgette Preddy, Jun 20, 2004
  14. http://nordicgroup.us/sigma/