Not Enough Storage Space Available

Discussion in 'Windows 64bit' started by RangerX64, Nov 14, 2007.

  1. RangerX64

    RangerX64 Guest

    Hi everyone,

    I have a small business network that has a Windows 2003 SMB Premium 32-Bit
    domain controller that is not used as a domain but as a file server for a
    large number of PCs in a workgroup.

    I have recently installed Windows XP 64-Bit on my primary workstation and
    have an internal 2TB RAID 5 array shared out for network access, the problem
    is that I am getting the infamous "Not Enough Storage Space Available"
    message when I try to attach to the RAID share.

    I have made the necessary changes to the registry regarding the stack value
    but this has not helped. The really odd thing is that I can attach to the
    shared documents folder on the same system just fine (it is on the system
    boot drive, a 500GB non-RAID single), but cannot attach to the RAID share no
    matter what I try. As I said, I have already made the necessary registery
    key changes just as the MSDN KB recommends and have still not been able to
    solve this problem. I cannot find any reference for resolving it anywhere
    regarding this behavior on 64-Bit XP Pro.

    Any suggestions would be helpful at this point as I would REALLY like to have
    access to my storage over my network.

    RangerX64, Nov 14, 2007

  2. Which KB are you referring to, please?

    My understanding of the requirements for >2TB volumes is that they must be
    configured with GPT disks, not MBR. The alternative is to break them up into
    slightly smaller volumes, so that no one volume is >=2TB.

    You are, btw, totally missing the value of SBS.

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Nov 14, 2007