    Is there a way to extract or wipe data from non detectable HDD. Please let
    me know how it can be done (if it can).

    Thanks

    bab, Sep 4, 2004

  2. bab

    Ingeborg Guest

    Wiping is easy. Open the box, get the platters, and rub with a strong
    magnet over them.

    Ingeborg, Sep 4, 2004

  3. bab

    terry_b17 Guest

    hi ,
    have you tried using the manufacturers diagnostic software to
    recognize the drive ? check your jumper settings and cable also .
    most hd makers offer utilities to write zeros to the drive .
    hope this helps ,
    terry

    ==============

    terry_b17, Sep 4, 2004
  4. bab

    Linda Guest

    My partner swears by an angle grinder.

    Linda, Sep 4, 2004
  5. bab

    Pennywise Guest

    |>Is there a way to extract or wipe data from non detectable HDD. Please let
    |>me know how it can be done (if it can).

    Google for hirenbootcd6.zip

    Pennywise, Sep 4, 2004
  6. bab