    The laptop did connect on WEP, but had to change to WPA2 for other laptop.
    I downloaded xp sp2 patch, KB917021 but still not connecting.
    Now what?

    Bruce, Sep 5, 2009

  2. Bruce

    Rob Guest

    check if the NIC is WPA-ready

    Rob, Sep 5, 2009

  3. Hi
    Windows XP (or Vista and Win7) might be ready, but the network Card has to
    be ready too.
    From the weakest to the strongest, Wireless security capacity is.
    No Security
    Switching Off SSID (same has No Security. SSID can be easily sniffed even if
    it is Off)
    MAC Filtering______(Band Aid if nothing else is available, MAC number can be
    easily Spoofed).
    -------------------
    The three above are Not considered safe.
    Safe Starts here at WPA.
    -------------------
    WPA-PSK__(Very Hard to Break).
    WPA-AES__(Not functionally Breakable)
    WPA2____ (Not functionally Breakable).
    Note 2: If you use WinXP bellow SP3 and did not updated it, you would have
    to download the WPA2 patch from Microsoft.
    <http://support.microsoft.com/kb/893357>
    your Wireless hardware.
    phrase.
    of one of the Wireless devices.