    wireless Adapter driver to 3.100.35.1 but this did not help. I also upgraded
    the firmware in the DWL-G800AP to 1.5. What can I do to connect to my network
    through the Extender?

    Guest, Mar 29, 2005

  2. Most of the cases when the wireless association is achieved and the IP
    address is not acquired are caused by a WEP key mismatch. Are you using
    encryption? This should be one of the first settings to check. How do you
    configure your wireless client? Are you using the wireless configuration in
    Windows XP or a vendor provide utility to configure the wireless card?

    Here are a few comments on your description below. The Windows 2000
    operating system doesn't offer a wireless configuration service, so I
    believe you used a vendor provided configuration utility to setup your
    wireless adapter on Windows 2000 server. In order to migrate from Windows
    2000 server to XP professional there is no direct upgrade path, so I
    understand you performed a clean install of Windows XP Professional. In
    this case the configuration utility provided with the wireless adapter was
    no longer on the laptop unless you re-installed it once XP was clean
    installed.

    Again, please check that the encryption key configured on the XP client
    laptop and on the DWL-G800AP match and if you still cannot fix the issue
    this way - please send a detailed description of the wireless network
    configuration of the extender and of the network interface on the XP laptop.

    Mihai Peicu [MSFT], Apr 1, 2005

  3. Guest

    Guest Guest

    Thanks for your response. WEP is turned off. Your correct that the 2000
    server OS was blown away and XPProf installed. The wireless utility has been
    reinstalled. I have worked with both DLink and Dell who both assure me that
    the Router and Extender are correctly configured. I also installed a DLink
    DWL-G630 Wireless Adapter and the Dlink wireless utility. I am also unable
    to connect to the extender with this adapter. Someone said to me that XP
    does not see the extender(repeater) as a real network and so will not connect
    to it. I'm beginning to believe this as I unplug the extender in order to
    connect with a poor connection.

    Nelson

    Guest, Apr 7, 2005
  4. Guest

    Fitz Guest

    I use the same D-Link extender with XPPro, XPHome, Win98SE, a Belkin Pre-N
    wireless router, and D-Link wireless USB cards without problem. Are your
    sure your IP address and subnets are set correctly? Have you tried
    connecting the extender directly to a port on your router to check
    configuration?

    Fitz, Apr 7, 2005
  5. Guest

    Guest Guest

    Yes, I did that with both Dlink and Dell Tech Support.

    Guest, Apr 8, 2005
  6. Guest

    Fitz Guest

    What happens when you connect the extender directly to the router with a
    network cable? Are you able to access the web interface or do you get an
    error? I think it's 192.168.1.30 (I changed mine to match my router).

    Fitz, Apr 8, 2005
  7. Guest

    Guest Guest

    It connects up with no error. I'm able to see the complete configuration.

    Guest, Apr 9, 2005