    The wedding has been acclaimed by all to have been a great success.

    Best regards

    Irene

    IRENE LIDDLE, Oct 24, 2005

  2. IRENE LIDDLE

    gordon Guest

    Sigh. BTInternet is obviously as bad as NTL.......

    gordon, Oct 24, 2005

  3. IRENE LIDDLE bashed at the keyboard and came up with:
    Loads of shagging then eh?
    Yippee doda day.
    You to irene.

    Michael Thompson, Oct 24, 2005
  4. IRENE LIDDLE hitched up their overalls,
    Lots of booze, dope, porn and sex can indeed wear one out.
    Did the bride's dad get drunk and make an ass out of himself? Again?

    Tattoo Vampire, Oct 24, 2005
  5. IRENE LIDDLE

    Toolman Tim Guest

    For future reference, it's Zip-a-dee-doo-dah, zip-a-dee-ay*. Other than
    that, you got the attitude correct :)

    *one of the "politically incorrect" Disney classics from "Song of the
    South" - never yet released.

    Toolman Tim, Oct 25, 2005
  6. Toolman Tim hitched up their overalls,
    I was a child when I saw that movie and it was rather troubling. All those
    black folks looked so happy working the fields for their owners, but my
    history books said this wasn't so. I couldn't grasp the idea that maybe dear
    old Walt had kind of glossed over things.

    Tattoo Vampire, Oct 25, 2005
  7. IRENE LIDDLE

    Toolman Tim Guest

    Exactly the point. In that time and culture, I think there were both good
    days and bad days. But I'd bet there were more bad than good.

    On the other hand, some of the stories, songs, cultural idioms portrayed are
    something that shouldn't be lost to oblivion. If/when this hits the market,
    I sincerely hope Disney has the good sense to preface the release with some
    good, common sense rhetoric describing the issues involved. An apology? No.
    A statement that the movie sought to portray the life of southern folk in a
    "rosy" light, yes. And own up to the fact that there was definately some
    degree of prejudice involved.

    I don't feel that our society needs to be so all-inclusive about political
    correctness. Remember black-face actors? I do - as recently as the late
    1960's or even early 1970's here in my home town. While by today's
    standards, that would be totally unforgivable, it was part of our history
    and shouldn't be relegated to the dungeons and archives. No, we shouldn't do
    things that way now. Our current culture dictates tolerance and acceptance
    of all races, as it should. But should we try to deny that these things
    happened? I think not. So let's release some of these historical, albeit not
    politically correct, works. With the clear understanding that they were not
    necessarily in good taste then, and obviously aren't now. This would allow
    us to remember the mistakes of the past, honor the culture of the past, and
    not forget whence we came.

    Rant finished.

    Toolman Tim, Oct 25, 2005
  8. Toolman Tim hitched up their overalls,
    I agree. The movie should be released. After all, "Birth of a Nation" is
    available.

    Tattoo Vampire, Oct 25, 2005
  9. Irene, it's now worse than strenuous. I just found out that Alan is screwing
    the bird next door. I discovered this when the doctor said I had a dose of
    the clap. I know I didn't get it on the hen's night out because I made the
    football team wear condoms. That bastard. I'm going to chop his ballocks off
    with a rust razorblade.

    Love,
    Claire

    Alan and Claire, Oct 26, 2005