    messenger and msn messenger is fine. I tried using firefox browser..no
    help. Tried restoring computer to back date..no help. Any clues..please
    help . Thanks

    imseemabakshi, Dec 21, 2006

  2. wrote in
    How's that whole GoogleGroups thing working out for ya? It's free.

    Once you go GoogleGroups, you can never go back.

    Fear! It can sometimes be a *very* useful emotion.

    For instance: let's just say you're an astronaut on the moon,
    and you fear that your partner has been turned into Dracula.
    The next time he goes out collecting the moon rocks...
    WHAM!!! - you just slam the door behind him - and blast off.

    He might call you on the radio and say he's not Dracula,
    but you just say, "Ohhh, you just think again there, Batman."

    Bucky Breeder, Dec 21, 2006

  3. Thanks Bucky, But Google Groups I am using from my office computer and
    my home computer is not working ...

    imseemabakshi, Dec 21, 2006
  4. wrote in

    My bad! I'm issuing a cancellation for my previous hasty and
    rude remark. Some servers don't react to them, but some do.

    I hope you accept my apology, and someone can pinpoint your
    problem and provide assistance.

    Bucky Breeder, Dec 21, 2006
  5. No probs ..thanks !!
    l just hope someone wud help me in solving this problem.

    imseemabakshi, Dec 21, 2006
  6. imseemabakshi

    Meat Plow Guest

    Can you ping a canonical name from a cmd.exe prompt?

    ping yahoo.com ?

    Meat Plow, Dec 21, 2006
  7. imseemabakshi

    beenthere Guest

    Don`t know if this will help MP.
    quote
    Ping (host : string, samples : integer) : list of Time
    Report the round-trip time between the current host and the specified host.
    The return value of will contain samples samples (up to a maximum of 16
    samples). The host can be specified as either a host name or an IP address;
    if the host name cannot be resolved, a HostNotFound exception is raised. If
    a system error occurs, the generic Network.Error exception is raised. (Many
    kinds of non-fatal network errors can occur; they are reported as NULLs in
    the return list.)
    /quote.

    Happy Xmas and bw..OJ

    beenthere, Dec 21, 2006
  8. imseemabakshi

    beenthere Guest

    Sorry MP, responded a bit too quick. ..OJ

    beenthere, Dec 21, 2006
  9. imseemabakshi

    Pennywise Guest

    Your message was canceled on individual.net, I had to go to google
    groups to read what you posted :) - I quit using the cancel option,
    google is just to quick for it to work anymore.

    To the OP:
    Start | Run <type in>
    CMD /K IPCONFIG /FLUSHDNS
    <enter>

    Exit to close.

    This works half the time.

    Pennywise, Dec 21, 2006
  10. wrote in

    Oh well. It's always the thought that counts, ain't it?

    All in all, it was a rather constructive reply to me
    by the OP. I'm favorably impressed thereby. So much
    for crass generalizations of GoogleGroups posters...
    Or not.

    BTW, as long as we're keeping the branch alive, here's the OP's OP:

    wrote in
    Astutely composed, I'd say. It really tricked me for
    a instant there.

    Good thing you had your 'white horse' saddled up; however.
    Maybe your remedy will be exactly the cure for what ails?
    All's well that ends well.

    Bucky Breeder, Dec 21, 2006