    JimmyKalor Guest

    My Internet Explorer has been hijacked (i.e. my browser web page canno
    be changed from a site that I don't want). What can I do

    JimmyKalor, Jul 4, 2007

  2. JimmyKalor

    Todd H. Guest

    After any computer malware infection, the only way to be sure you're
    back to a known state in known time is:
    o backup data to external device
    o reformat
    o reinstall from original media
    o bring system up to date from behind a hardware firewall
    o install latest antivirus with updated definitions
    o attach external drive with old data, scan with AV

    Everything else is a bandaid and hoping for the best but that's good
    enough for some folks.

    Here are some decent bandaid approaches you can try though:

    Todd H., Jul 4, 2007

  3. JimmyKalor

    nathan6 Guest

    Download any free anti-spyware program that can help you from hijacker

    I recommend you to download the free program called Spyware sweeper
    This will manually remove the spy ware, which is hijacking you
    browser. You would find free instructions at www.spyware-sweeper.co

    nathan6, Jul 5, 2007
  4. JimmyKalor

    jc Guest

    As Todd H. mentions, AV and spyware removal is patchwork. Once a system
    is compromised, the only sure way to clean it is to flatten and rebuild.
    This article is from Microsoft's own Security Program Manager:

    http://www.microsoft.com/technet/community/columns/secmgmt/sm0504.mspx

    jc

    jc, Jul 5, 2007