    that says "This is Not a qualified HP solution"

    What the hell does this mean? And how do I get it to stop whining so I can
    install the perfectly legitimate software I've got on the machine of my choice?

    dperez, Dec 4, 2004

  2. dperez

    Q Guest

    I think you'll find that the software is licensed only for use on the
    machine it was purchased with.

    Q, Dec 4, 2004

  3. Which of the two is an HP (Hewlett-Packard) computer?

    Can you click on something and say "Install anyway"?

    I recommend Googling the exact words of the error message. You'll probably
    find a lot of information.

    Michael A. Covington, Dec 4, 2004
  4. dperez

    Steven Wandy Guest

    I think you'll find that the software is licensed only for use on the
    I have purchased Sony and Toshiba laptops in the past - never HP. But they
    also come with software that Sony/Toshiba license for their customers from
    the software manufacturer. However it will only install on the Sony/Toshiba
    computer that it came with. (Reads the BIOS of the computer.) I assume
    that your WinDVD from HP is the same. You can try contacting WinDVD and
    see if they have an upgrade program to their full version that will allow
    installing on other machines.

    Steven Wandy, Dec 4, 2004
  5. dperez

    dperez Guest

    The laptop is the HP. The regular machine is a homebuilt...
    No, just the popup with a "OK"... There doesn't appear to be any way to move on
    once the error occurs...
    Tried that. Believe it or not there was very little info... The message is
    pretty generic and it appears that it hasn't occurred in either the web OR in
    newsgroups............

    And, Interlogic's web site specifically says they won't provide ANY help for an
    "oem" application....... SO, since they (Interlogic) has gone to the effort of
    making their software unusable on the machine I want to use it on, I'll make
    sure I find a DIFFERENT company to buy from when I want DVD editing software...
    Just like, if there was ANY GOOD alternative to PS, I'd have switched when Adobe
    started that "activation" excrement...

    dperez, Dec 10, 2004
  6. dperez

    dperez Guest

    Sorry, Intervideo, not Interlogic...

    dperez, Dec 10, 2004
  7. OK... the software that came with the laptop is rigged to only install on
    the laptop. Simple enough.

    Michael A. Covington, Dec 10, 2004