    fault for not knowing that I'd apparently agreed to such a thing. What I
    would like to know is how can they do this since they do not have my updated
    cc details? Or will the payment not go through?

    Sir Leslie Bottocks, Mar 17, 2014

  2. I've just checked my acc. payment appears to have gone through. So I'm not
    sure how that could have happened. maybe the bank let it through, thinking
    it was error on my part?

    Sir Leslie Bottocks, Mar 20, 2014

  3. you reckon? I got my new cc at the beginning of the year, and I haven't
    supplied the new one to norton since then. I used it about a year ago to
    update a subscription. So I'd have thought that is the one they could have
    used. Of course the only things that would have changed would be expiry and
    security code. But I'd have thought they would need tht info to charge it. I
    suppose I could see if I could get the bank to cancel the charge. But then,
    I did need to update my subscription, so maybe I won't bother.

    Sir Leslie Bottocks, Mar 21, 2014
  4. Sir Leslie Bottocks

    Your Name Guest

    The "security" code is pointlessly irrelevant and most places don't
    even bother asking for it. When somewhere does ask the card owner just
    tells them ... meaning it's not even remotely "secure".

    A credit card can and often is charged past its expiry date, but there
    has to be a reason. On-going subscriptions (magazines, ISP monthly
    fees, etc.) do get charged, which is probably where Norton is
    authorised to do so.

    Your Name, Mar 21, 2014
  5. Sir Leslie Bottocks

    Your Name Guest

    Why pay anything at all? There's plenty of well-known free anti-virus
    software around if you really must use Windoze. Try Avast! or AVG for a
    start.

    Telecom also has a deal going for Xtra customers who can download
    McAfee anti-virus software for free:
    http://telecom.co.nz/premiumservices

    Your Name, Mar 21, 2014

  6. Use Kaspersky, Norton gets bad rations and slows systems don't that is
    why they released a Games version..

    Frank Williams, Mar 21, 2014
  7. Hello,

    Sorry for the trouble. You can follow the steps in this support article to disable automatic renewal for your account:

    https://support.norton.com/sp/en/us...tions/kb20090818144126EN_EndUserProfile_en_us

    Let me know if you need further help!

    Thanks!

    Vineeth
    Norton Support

    NortonSupport, Mar 21, 2014
  8. Sir Leslie Bottocks

    John Guest

    What's your opinion on using free Microsoft Security Essentials
    and free Malwarebytes?

    John, Mar 31, 2014
  9. Sir Leslie Bottocks

    Enkidu Guest

    I use them on the laptop and have put them on the laptop of my son and
    daughter in law. They do pretty well.

    Cheers,

    Cliff

    Enkidu, Mar 31, 2014
  10. Sir Leslie Bottocks

    Your Name Guest

    What's your opinion on using free Microsoft Security Essentials
    and free Malwarebytes?[/QUOTE]

    ALL anti-malware slows the computer down, although some are worse than
    others.

    The only reason to bother installing anit-malware software on a Mac is
    if you want to slow your computer down ... otherwise it's completely
    unnecessary.

    Your Name, Mar 31, 2014

  11. Microsoft Security Essentials is totally CRAP..

    Malwarebytes does not show a PC down as its not running, but the
    Proversion does., but the Proversion does not seem to work as it lets
    the PUP in.

    Also use COMODO Free..

    Frank Williams, Mar 31, 2014
  12. Sir Leslie Bottocks

    Your Name Guest

    <snip>

    More likely it was bought / stolen from a small company and
    ill-fittingly shoehorned into the rest of the mismatched disaster of an
    OS called Windows.

    Your Name, Mar 31, 2014