    can disable the virus protection.

    Should I be alarmed? Or is this some kind of quirk of Norton 2004 virus
    protection?

    Peter Maurice Cram, Sep 11, 2004

  2. Peter Maurice Cram

    Robert Baer Guest

    When it is shut down, there ain't no protection.
    Perhaps the virus that did the dirt is SP2...

    Robert Baer, Sep 12, 2004

  3. Peter Maurice Cram

    WebWalker Guest

    I came across some virus (such as Sobig virus) capable to disable your
    antivirus from Windows' startup.

    Try to boot to safe mode and run NAV and do a full virus scan to you
    HD(s).

    p/s make sure you are having the updated/latest virus data file.

    WebWalker, Sep 12, 2004