    weirder... I did a search for the threat's file name, and my computer
    cannot locate it. Why?

    Why Why Why... Help!

    Beth M., Dec 16, 2005

  2. Beth M.

    Wizard Guest

    Probably because it is in your restore files.

    Wizard, Dec 16, 2005

  3. Beth M.

    Beth M. Guest

    how do I get rid of it?

    I googled and tried what they said and still can't find or delete it

    Beth M., Dec 16, 2005
  4. Beth M.

    Beth M. Guest

    Also, why is my norton antivirus finding it, but then skipping an option for
    me to fix/delete it? Norton scans then skips to "summary"

    Beth M., Dec 16, 2005
  5. Beth M.

    Carl Guest

    Try using a adware program like Ad-Aware SE
    http://www.lavasoft.de/

    Carl, Dec 17, 2005
  6. Beth M.

    Beth M. Guest

    I do use that, and spybot.... neither even detect it, only norton does and
    it skips over removing it.

    Beth M., Dec 17, 2005
  7. Beth M.

    Beth M. Guest

    what I'm really interested in, is why my norton program is finding the
    "threat" but not prompt me to remove it, or removing it itself. It scans,
    and gives a summary showing the one threat. No option to remove it.

    Beth M., Dec 17, 2005
  8. Beth M.

    nos1eep Guest

    <what I'm really interested in, is why my norton program is finding
    the
    <"threat" but not prompt me to remove it, or removing it itself. It
    scans,
    <and gives a summary showing the one threat. No option to remove it.

    Because it is Norton, a program that only n00bs and the terminally
    stupid use.
    -nos1eep

    -Scaling up the heights of folly.
    -non est ponenda pluritas sine necessitate

    nos1eep, Dec 17, 2005
  9. Beth M.

    Wizard Guest

    Because it is in the "restore" files. Turn of system restore, reboot,
    then turn it back on again. Then run Norton AV again and see if it isn't
    gone.

    Wizard, Dec 19, 2005
  10. Beth M.

    IAN GARDNER Guest

    IAN. P. GARDNER
    You can try Trend Micro House Call an online AV scanner and see if it
    can knock it out.

    http://housecall.trendmicro.com/

    IAN. P. GARDNER

    IAN GARDNER, Dec 23, 2005