    asus a7n8x dlx mobo
    512 ddr pc3200 fsb400 ram
    and 3 hdrives totalling 200 gig .

    DRVNGUY, Apr 21, 2005

  2. I would NOT put that bloated piece of crap on any computer for any
    amount of money. As a matter of fact, I charge extra for removing
    from a computer, and tell my clients up front about the extra charge.
    They usually can't wait for me to remove it....;o)

    I am using ClamWin on my personal computers and recommending
    Kaspersky for my un-experienced clients.

    ClamWin
    http://www.clamwin.com/

    Kasperksy
    http://www.kaspersky.com/

    @}-}-------Rosee, Apr 21, 2005

  3. DRVNGUY

    °Mike° Guest

    Your system will run MUCH better without ANY Symantec
    bloated crapware. Take Rosee's advice; dump it and install
    Kaspersky.

    °Mike°, Apr 22, 2005
  4. DRVNGUY

    DRVNGUY Guest

    OK will do ...it will be on my to do list tonight .. I have a copy of Sophos
    antvirus is it any good ?

    DRVNGUY, Apr 22, 2005
  5. DRVNGUY

    DRVNGUY, Apr 22, 2005
  6. DRVNGUY

    °Mike° Guest

    Sophos is also very good, if it's up to date.

    <snip>

    °Mike°, Apr 22, 2005
  7. DRVNGUY

    Plato Guest

    NO. Totally not necessary.

    Plato, Apr 22, 2005
  8. I don't charge extra. It makes me feel so much better to uninstall NSW,
    I'd probably do it for free.

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=, Apr 22, 2005
  9. DRVNGUY

    Dan Guest

    You both have your heads up your asses.
    Home computer users would be much better off with fewer self proclaimed 'techs'
    like you two.

    Dan, Apr 22, 2005
  10. DRVNGUY

    Plato Guest

    Nortons is one of the first things on-site techs remove when going on an
    appointment for a pc with odd problems. Removing nortons often solves
    the problem. It's been this way for perhaps 5 years or more, ever since
    they put out witch doctor.

    Plato, Apr 22, 2005
  11. =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=, Apr 22, 2005
  12. DRVNGUY

    Dan Guest

    Only clueless techs.

    Dan, Apr 22, 2005
  13. DRVNGUY

    Dan Guest

    Proclaimed by it pays my salary.

    I haven't read here for a couple years.
    This group has become a complete joke.

    Dan, Apr 22, 2005
  14. Thank you for your input.

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=, Apr 22, 2005
  15. chiseled in stone, the following words
    [/QUOTE]
    Home computers would still be riddled with viruses and worms, if it
    weren't for techs like me. They would still be using an inferior
    product and depending on it to remove and clean their computers of
    virus and worms, of which it Norton can't.

    All I can say is, I pity your poor customers.

    I'm sure Ron Martell doesn't have his head up his "ass". Read some
    of the comments he has written about Norton. There are other
    MS-MVP's that feel the same way. I guess they have their heads up
    their "asses", also.

    http://www.google.co.uk/groups?selm=shj6nsgut6td9ufbl13hrka3e6o5hmtd0o%
    404ax.com

    http://www.google.co.uk/groups?selm=sk1vet0e0ul20ltm3u479hv7l6mg8ilgnm%
    404ax.com

    http://www.google.co.uk/groups?selm=kp59osc0g14euora79cqcoami0hds0cfp3%
    404ax.com

    http://www.google.co.uk/groups?selm=dvp3os072ub2u47107eq6rrr3n96ted084%
    404ax.com

    http://groups-
    beta.google.com/group/microsoft.public.win98.performance/msg/4ccfd27c394
    36280?dmode=source

    http://groups-
    beta.google.com/group/microsoft.public.win98.setup/msg/b74a943d88c2e022?
    dmode=source

    http://groups-
    beta.google.com/group/microsoft.public.windowsxp.general/msg/95c9530e0ed
    4a58b?dmode=source

    http://groups-
    beta.google.com/group/microsoft.public.windowsxp.general/msg/3db76e2ea14
    6e5c5?dmode=source

    http://groups-
    beta.google.com/group/microsoft.public.windowsxp.general/msg/2d082b9277a
    e851c?dmode=source

    http://groups-
    beta.google.com/group/microsoft.public.windowsxp.general/msg/278dd225f0b
    df442?dmode=source

    http://groups-
    beta.google.com/group/microsoft.public.win98.gen_discussion/msg/caaeee2b
    3de96757?dmode=source

    http://groups-
    beta.google.com/group/microsoft.public.windowsme.software/msg/72ff6d7bae
    e62d0c?dmode=source

    http://groups-
    beta.google.com/group/microsoft.public.win98.performance/msg/a6056fc5d03
    c08a1?dmode=source

    http://groups-
    beta.google.com/group/microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics/msg/52733cffc5ac
    1ba6?dmode=source

    http://groups-
    beta.google.com/group/24hoursupport.helpdesk/msg/33d3b01ae5d1ccd9?
    dmode=source

    http://groups-
    beta.google.com/group/microsoft.public.windowsxp.general/msg/f145f326704
    6c407?dmode=source

    http://groups-
    beta.google.com/group/microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support/msg/f3
    5c375bb2562e04?dmode=source

    http://groups-
    beta.google.com/group/24hoursupport.helpdesk/msg/423eeefc5f15c1d1?
    dmode=source

    http://groups-
    beta.google.com/group/24hoursupport.helpdesk/msg/576c5ea823f1e226?
    dmode=source

    http://groups-
    beta.google.com/group/microsoft.public.windowsxp.general/msg/d6a169434ba
    d2f2a?dmode=source

    http://groups-
    beta.google.com/group/24hoursupport.helpdesk/msg/e65bb5341ab65be0?
    dmode=source

    http://groups-
    beta.google.com/group/microsoft.public.windowsxp.accessibility/msg/7e939
    1f4848d0c30?dmode=source

    http://groups-
    beta.google.com/group/microsoft.public.windowsxp.accessibility/msg/49eb6
    f3237bea4a2?dmode=source

    http://groups-
    beta.google.com/group/microsoft.public.win98.gen_discussion/msg/5bc24203
    eb81cca5?dmode=source

    http://groups-
    beta.google.com/group/24hoursupport.helpdesk/msg/864a283d300ad6e6?
    dmode=source

    http://groups-
    beta.google.com/group/microsoft.public.windowsxp.general/msg/2200055c747
    e0c3d?dmode=source

    Also check at Micrsoft's knowledge base and you will see a myriad
    of links pertaining to problems with Norton.

    Shorter link:
    http://makeashorterlink.com/?O252650FA

    Actual link:
    http://support.microsoft.com/search/default.aspx?catalog=LCID=1033
    &query=norton&range=81-100

    Now, go away! You are an idiot!

    http://www.pagetutor.com/idiot/idiot.html
    http://www.mediaboy.net/1010100-1100001-1111010/gahk

    <plonk>

    @}-}-------Rosee, Apr 22, 2005
  16. chiseled in stone, the following words
    Yep, and you're one of the jokes.

    <out damn spot>

    @}-}-------Rosee, Apr 22, 2005
  17. It really depends on whether said client installed Norton, after my
    warning of it pharking the computer's OS. Also if they waited x
    amount of days or months before contacting me with a problem, which
    is usually a virus or worm, an updated Norton bloatware has overlooked.
    Clients don't want me to be able to say, "I told ya so!", so they
    wait until the machine is totally inoperable. And this is after I've
    warned them, also I show them Ron Martell's opinion of Norton and that
    usually changes their mind. A bit too late, but better late than
    never.

    @}-}-------Rosee, Apr 22, 2005
  18. @}-}-------Rosee, Apr 22, 2005
  19. DRVNGUY

    Mara Guest

    So do I. This self-proclaimed "tech" has no idea what he's talking about, and is
    probably just trolling. In any case, you go, girlfriend - Norton sucks 50-ton
    boulders through a soda straw. That's experience, not opinion. LOTS of
    experience.

    "Jesus H. Christ."

    Mara, Apr 22, 2005
  20. DRVNGUY

    Dan Guest

    Most tech are crooks. Any tech who removes a program the customer has paid over
    $100 for is a crook.

    Like you they try to make their 'customers' totally dependant on them.
    My customers are happy customers, they aren't completely dependent on me.
    The average customer hates computer 'techs', and rightly so.

    Dan, Apr 22, 2005