    Assist says NSW 04 is in my computer and OK, but NAV 03 could be
    screwed up. Their manual delete process looks monumental. Is there
    anything that will easily solve this? Thanks.

    JR, Jan 31, 2004

  2. JR

    Unk Guest

    On 31 Jan 2004 10:48:47 -0800, (JR) wrote:

    >I installed NSW 04, but did not uninstall NSW03 first (the user's
    >guide said that 04 would automatically uninstall 03). Didn't happen.
    >Now I have no NSW working and I can't install 04 (message; same
    >version, different edition is present) and I can't unistall NSW either
    >(NSW is not in the Add/Remove panel). However, Symantec's Auto Support
    >Assist says NSW 04 is in my computer and OK, but NAV 03 could be
    >screwed up. Their manual delete process looks monumental. Is there
    >anything that will easily solve this? Thanks.

    Download Norton's Symclean & RNAV to remove all of Norton's components:

    Rnav for NAV 2003 and earlier:
    http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT/nav.nsf/8d071816eedd7cac88256c0e005a96e5/33497f6e8a319ece88256ace0076cc02/$FILE/Rnav2003.exe

    How to uninstall Norton AntiVirus by using the Rnav2003.exe
    http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT/nav.nsf/docid/2001092114452606

    How to uninstall Norton SystemWorks manually.
    http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT/nsw.nsf/docid/2001100212100807

    http://www.symantec.com/search/

    Run 1st: symclean
    Run 2nd: RNAV

    Also do a computer search and remove any folder that contains
    "Catalog.LiveSubscribe"

    If you have Norton Internet Security (NIS) installed, also search
    for the "Rnis removal utility"
    http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT/nip.nsf/429934053165308488256d8e0076af48/23bda5412ae1a49688256abe00615e20/$FILE/RnisUPG.exe

    Run regedit, and clean 2 entries:
    1. HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Symantec
    2. HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Symantec

    Delete folders:
    C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared
    C:\Program Files\Symantec
    C:\Windows\Application Data\Symantec
    C:\Windows\All Users\Application Data\Symantec\

    Unk, Jan 31, 2004