    Does anyone know how to do this?

    Thanks!

    Tim...

    Tim Harden, Aug 18, 2003

  2. Tim Harden

    Tim Harden Guest

    It's not to hard to do. You will have to create a partition on the
    Cool! I'm trying it now.

    When I make an image to the 2nd partition from the primary partition, and I
    use "fast compression", does that mean that it's going to make one huge
    single file that contains the image?

    Thanks again!

    Tim...

    Tim Harden, Aug 18, 2003

  3. Tim Harden

    mcooke Guest

    Just boot to ghostboot disk and right a disk to image on the partition. I
    would suggest a second disk as if the entire disk is hosed then you won't
    even be able to get at the image to restore.

    MC

    mcooke, Aug 27, 2003
  4. Tim Harden

    Yep Guest

    You can't do a disk to image within the same disk. You have to run
    local partition to image if you are imaging partitions on the same
    disk.

    As for the second drive, you will notice that he is saying
    "workstations", more than one. Although I agree that this would be
    safer, the cost of installing secondary drives in every workstation is
    probably out of budget.

    This method of backing up a primary partition within the disk is great
    if the Op Sys fails. You can restore in minutes rather than hours.

    Yep, Aug 27, 2003
  5. Tim Harden

    Graz Guest

    In addition to all the other great advice you have already been given
    from this NG. Might I suggest that you ghost both the operating system
    and they image partition from one hard drive to all the other hard
    drives. This would assist you in maintain some semblance of
    configuration management.

    Of course, this only works if you are using identically configured
    hardware.

    your mileage may vary

    Graz, Dec 7, 2004