    format), I tried to run it to update the virus definitions. I get an
    error "The Temprory directory is not valid"

    This does not happen on my other PC.

    SDR, Nov 18, 2003

  2. SDR

    Treb Guest

    This occasionally happens and usually Norton receives heaps of reports and
    has the glitch fixed within 24 hours.

    I always use the daily virus definition updater on their website:

    http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/download/pages/US-N95.html

    Regards,

    Treb

    Treb, Nov 18, 2003

  3. SDR

    Jerry Rivers Guest

    I'm still running Norton System Works 2003 but I have a question about your
    NAV 2004.

    Doesn't NAV 2004 support Symantec's Liveupdate? That's how I get my virus
    defs. Haven't downloaded a DEF file in several years (had System Works 2000
    before this).

    -- Jerry Rivers

    Jerry Rivers, Nov 19, 2003
  4. SDR

    SDR Guest

    These ARE the files causing the error message! Any idea how they fix
    the glitch?

    SDR, Nov 19, 2003
  5. SDR

    SDR Guest

    Yes - except the virus live updater runs once a week as far as I can
    tell. One may wish to update manually more often when there is a lot
    of virus activity.

    SDR, Nov 19, 2003
  6. SDR

    Scrote Guest

    If you are using a broadband connection LU checks servers every 4 hours!

    Scrote, Nov 19, 2003