    install it, will it recognize I have my 2005 version, or do I need to
    uninstall the 2005 before I install the 2006? Its the full version 2006,
    not the one where you have to have a previous version.

    Angie, Mar 5, 2006

  2. Angie

    Bill Guest

    It will uninstall your old version of 2005. I dont like 2006 really
    adds another icon to the tray to that I dont like that and has som
    really anoying features

    --
    Bil

    *Kind Regards
    *Bill
    This Message Was Posted Free At: UK Webmaster Forums: http://www.ukwebmasterforums.com/ - Prodly Hosted By Session 9 Ltd http://www.session9.co.uk

    Bill, Mar 5, 2006

  3. Angie

    Angie Guest

    But can't you remove the icon from the tray? I have always been able to
    remove any icons I want.

    Angie, Mar 5, 2006
  4. Angie

    Phil Guest

    I agree, I have just fitted a new hard drive that i am currently on &
    installed 2005 version as i dont like the added features of 2006 either.

    Phil.

    Phil, Mar 5, 2006
  5. Angie

    Angie Guest

    But can't you just bypass the features you do not want? and what features
    do you not like?

    Angie, Mar 6, 2006
  6. Angie

    Angie Guest

    hello?

    Angie, Mar 7, 2006
  7. Angie

    nos1eep Guest

    It is further alleged that on or about Tue, 07 Mar 2006 00:21:09 GMT,
    in alt.computer, the queezy keyboard of "Angie" <>
    spewed the following:

    |hello?
    |

    ||> But can't you just bypass the features you do not want? and what
    |> features do you not like?

    Hello.

    nos1eep, Mar 7, 2006
  8. Angie

    Angie Guest

    I'm just looking for an answer to my above question please (re: antivirus
    2006)

    Angie, Mar 7, 2006
  9. Angie

    nos1eep Guest

    It is further alleged that on or about Tue, 07 Mar 2006 01:13:26 GMT,
    in alt.computer, the queezy keyboard of "Angie" <>
    spewed the following:

    |I'm just looking for an answer to my above question please (re: antivirus
    |2006)

    You can install over the top, disable what you hate but bottom line is
    your computer will run like shit with 2006. If you do not demand
    performance, I suppose Norton will be adequate.

    nos1eep, Mar 7, 2006
  10. Angie

    Angie Guest

    So you would suggest sticking with 2005 and just doing the added download
    for updates? Or another antivirus program altogether?

    Angie, Mar 7, 2006
  11. Angie

    nos1eep Guest

    It is further alleged that on or about Tue, 07 Mar 2006 23:43:56 GMT,
    in alt.computer, the queezy keyboard of "Angie" <>
    spewed the following:

    |"nos1eep" <>
    |> You can install over the top, disable what you hate but bottom line is
    |> your computer will run like shit with 2006. If you do not demand
    |> performance, I suppose Norton will be adequate.
    |
    |So you would suggest sticking with 2005 and just doing the added download
    |for updates? Or another antivirus program altogether?

    I use NOD32. You will not even know it is there unless something nasty
    intrudes. Not free, but they do have a 30 day trial. Try it. What do
    you have to lose? http://www.eset.com/download/trial.htm

    nos1eep, Mar 8, 2006
  12. Angie

    dogbreath Guest

    There are good antivirus programs available to download for free. For
    example, AVG Free Edition from grisoft.com. The essential advantage
    of the freeware is not that it's free, but that it doesn't keep
    bloating up with useless "features", like Norton, McAfee, & Computer
    Associates. AVG Free keeps it simple. And it's entirely adequate.

    dogbreath, Mar 8, 2006