Norton Antivirus 8.1 Corporate versus newer versions like Norton 2005?

Discussion in 'Computer Security' started by aroma, Jul 25, 2005.

  1. aroma

    aroma Guest

    From what I gather, the newer versions don't really add much else, other
    than anti-spam and anti-spyware features.

    So long as I can update to the latest virus definitions, why would I
    want to upgrade to something like Norton 2005?

    aroma, Jul 25, 2005

  2. aroma

    Kiyoshi H Guest

    You don't
    Unless Symantec decides to stop support on the older versions, then you
    are forced to upgrade your product.

    - Kiyoshi

    Kiyoshi H, Jul 25, 2005

  3. aroma

    Winged Guest

    The version 10 of Norton CE identifies significantly more
    types/varieties than 8.x does. Additionally there is an known exploit
    of the 8.x firewall software. It is also more difficult to shut the 10x
    product down via virus vector. I like the CE edition far better than
    retail products, they are much more stable, have less glut, and are
    better organized. I would recommend the 10x version versus the 8x
    version if you can get it.

    Winged

    Winged, Jul 25, 2005
  4. aroma

    optikl Guest

    If you have to ask, then the answer should be obvious.

    optikl, Jul 26, 2005